I’ve been wanting to make this tiramisu all summer, but I’ve been so lazy about baking recently. It is 100% the heat’s fault. No-bake desserts have been totally saving me, so I figured I needed to make this before the summer is over.
(Let’s be real, in Alabama summer lasts until Christmas.)
I first came across a recipe called Beeramisu when I worked at MyRecipes.com. My immediate reaction was omg wuuuut. I absolutely love taking classic recipes and putting a fun, modern twist on them (see doughnut tiramisu), so this past weekend I felt like it was time to spread the #locallove and finally make this thang.
- 8-oz mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp coffee extract (or vanilla)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups Coffee Oatmeal Stout Beer from Good People Brewing (or your fave stout beer)
- 2 (7-oz) packages of ladyfingers (found on the cookie aisle of the grocery story)
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine mascarpone, powdered sugar, and coffee extract in a large bowl and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, add whipping cream and espresso powder. Wait for espresso powder to dissolve, then whip on medium high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until all ingredients are incorporated.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a medium-sized bowl with a hand-held mixer, whip cream on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. With mixer running, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Line a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap or foil. (This will make it MUCH easier to remove the tiramisu from the pan later on.)
- Pour beer into a bowl. Dip one ladyfinger at a time for a second or two on both sides, then lay in the the prepared pan until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Spread half of filling over lady fingers. Dust with a thin, even layer of cocoa powder.
- Repeat layers--ladyfingers, filling, and cocoa powder. Top with a third layer of lady fingers.
- Pipe whipped cream on top of tiramisu and dust with a final layer of cocoa powder.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, or overnight. (If you don't want to mess up the whipped cream or the top of your tiramisu, you can cover the pan with a large plate or lid.)
- Remove from pan and cut into slices to serve!