Like I said, I’ve never really been into bark, which is why this is the first ever bark recipe here on the blog. I mean, I’ll eat it. It’s made of chocolate so how bad could it be? (That’s the phrase of the week, apparently.)
Looking at bark like it’s your own, personal, homemade candy bar is the way to go, I think. Once I started playing with the idea of stuffing it with things, it got way more interesting. I thought about cookie butter possibly, or there’s a jar of gingerbread peanut butter in my kitchen that I’ve been dying to use in something.
Y A S
This stuff is so addicting. Forget peppermint bark, y’all. Put some brownie batter on it.
- 12oz bag dark chocolate chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup flour
- Garnish: sprinkles, candy, chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 square baking pan with plastic wrap. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips according to package directions. Pour chocolate into pan and smooth with the back of a spoon. Tap or gently shake the pan to help chocolate settle. Set pan in the freezer for chocolate to harden.
- Melt butter and ¼ cup chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until completely melted.
- Whisk in sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add cocoa powder and flour; stir to combine.
- Spread brownie batter over hardened chocolate in pan. Melt remaining chocolate chips and pour over brownie batter. Smooth out with a spoon. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles, candies, or more chocolate chips.
- Cover and place pan in the refrigerator for 1 hour, or until chocolate has set. Break into piece and enjoy!
Make sure to check out all the blogs involved. There’s a ton of ’em!
row two: The Speckled Palate | The Gift of Gab | think fruitful | Majorly Delicious | Sugar Dish Me | An Oregon Cottage | A Savory Feast | The Foodie Patootie | Twin Stripe | Hidden Fruits and Veggies
row three: Appeasing a Food Geek | DC Girl in Pearls | Bessie Bakes | Brunch with Joy | Cooking With Libby | 2 Cookin Mamas | Lou Lou Biscuit | Me and My Pink Mixer | Wetherills Say I Do | The Little Epicurean |
row four: The Emotional Baker | Cake ‘n Knife | Glisten and Grace | Meredith Noelle | The Secret Ingredient [is love] | SammaSpot | Hey There Sunshine | Natasha Red Blog | Flavors & Sabores | Macheesmo
row five: Beer Girl Cooks | My California Roots | Butchers Niche | The Skinny Pot | Sustaining the Powers | Feast + West | Not Your Average Southern Belle | Vanilla And Bean | Our Life Inspired | That Square Plate
Now, on to the giveaway!
THE GIVEAWAY PRIZES
- One KitchenAid 5-Qt. Artisan Design Series Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl in Sugar Pearl Silver
- One $50 Bob’s Red Mill gift card and one exclusive set of Bob’s Red Mill products: One 5-lb. bag Organic All Purpose Flour, one 5-lb. bag Organic Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, one 40-oz. bag Almond Meal, one 28-oz. bag Sparkling Sugar, one 28-oz. bag Cane Sugar
- Two 4-lb. bags of Imperial Sugar/Dixie Crystals granulated sugar, one My First Cookbook and a silicone baking mat
- Coupons for $40 worth of Cabot Creamery products, including butter and yogurt
- One OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- One Jenaluca Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop
- One 2-piece Calphalon Nonstick Baking Sheet Set
- One 10” x 15” Stainless Steel Metal Cooling Rack
- One 7-piece OXO Good Grips Multi-colored Nesting Measuring Beaker Set
- One GIR: Get It Right Ultimate Spatula in Gray
- One 5-piece R & M Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set
- One OXO Good Grips 11” Balloon Whisk
- One OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula
I know. Just think about all the baking you could get done with all of this. *heart eyes emoji*
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 65 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $690. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of December 5, 2015.
- To read all giveaway terms and conditions, visit the giveaway terms and conditions page or click the option in the Rafflecopter below to review them.
A whopping 51 bloggers teamed up to bring you today’s super fun giveaway! We picked out a stand mixer (!!!) and other goodies to make baking this season go smoothly. And, a big thank you goes out to the generous sponsors who helped with The Sweetest Season by organizing, as well as providing products to the participating bloggers and donating some incredible prizes! Be sure to check out Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals, Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery and The Crumby Cupcake. Plus, special shout out to Garnishing Co., who is excellent at making graphics. 🙂