So here we are. With chocolate doughnuts and dark chocolate stout glaze and a majority of this Guinness leftover in my refrigerator because I’m more of a wine and cocktail person, really. You may or may not have noticed. 😉
If you wanted to do something REALLY SRSLY BEYOND crazy, you could make the Doughnut Tiramisu from last week and soak the doughnuts in stout beer instead of coffee. Tiramisu is an Italian dessert, but I feel like both parties would be ok with it.
I’ve never used doughnut pans that you put in your oven, but I don’t see why that wouldn’t work here. I think you could start out baking them on 350 for about 8-10 minutes and see where that gets you.
- 3½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup stout beer
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs on medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy. Add sugar and mix well.
- Whisk together milk, butter, and vanilla. Add half of milk mixture and half of flour mixture to the egg/sugar mixture. Mix until combined. Repeat with remaining milk mixture and flour mixture.
- Preheat doughnut maker according to instructions. (If using a doughnut pan, preheat oven to 350*F and spray doughnut pan with nonstick spray. I didn't make mine this way, but I'd start out baking them for around 10 minutes and check.)
- Transfer batter to a piping bag (or Ziploc bag with the corner snipped off) and pipe into doughnut maker. Bake until puffed and done. Let doughnuts cool completely on a wire rack.
- **The number of doughnuts this recipe makes will depend on the size of your doughnut pan/doughnut maker.
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Dip doughnuts in glaze, sprinkle with festive sprinkles, and let glaze dry.