Sometimes I get really caught up in what’s going to perform well on social media. What’s going to get the most likes, retweets, or has the best possibility of *maybe* being regrammed by a bigger instagram account than mine, and maybe that will get me more followers, and maybe I will break another hundred.
That is the curse of trying to do this blogging thing, isn’t it?
And because these candy melts and sprinkles were like the only things left in my kitchen that could be used to make something. So I went with it.
SPACE CANDY. And you know what? It was easy and it was fun and my heart was so happy afterwards. Do more of what you love friends, not what you think the internet’s gonna love. Moral of the story. 🙂
- 1 bag black candy melts
- 1 bag blue candy melts, need half
- 1 bag purple candy melts, need half
- Sprinkles: silver, gold, glittery, and star-shaped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Melt black candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl according to package directions. Repeat with blue and purple candy melts. Add blue and purple food coloring to them to make the colors darker, if you'd like.
- Transfer blue candy melts to a Ziploc bag with a small corner cut off. Repeat with the purple candy melts.
- Pour melted black candy melts onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a rectangle about ¼-inch thick. Drizzle with purple candy melts and swirl with a toothpick. Tap the pan against the counter to help the purple set.
- Drizzle with blue candy melts, swirl, and tap against the counter. Immediately decorate with sprinkles, letting some of them cluster together like galaxies.
- Place sheet pan in the refrigerator for about half an hour, or until chocolate has set. Break into pieces.