In my last post, I announced that I’m going to be venturing out of the world of desserts every now and then to bring some healthy and savory balance to the blog. So I figured I would start out with a fun chips and dip combo that would be great for entertaining, cookouts, or even tailgating during football season! (It’s so close!!)
If you want to be super healthy you could throw some kale in there too, since that’s something people include in Green Goddess recipes sometimes, but I just cannot with kale. I’ve tried. I’m just not a kale person. Sorry, kale.
And if you want to be really really healthy, you could serve this guac with veggie chips instead of tortilla chips! And you know, maybe a margarita. Which is fruit. So you’d be in pretty good shape with your servings of fruit and veggies for the day. Or at least the veggies might balance out the alcohol. 😉
- 3 avocados, pitted & diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ small white onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, diced (stem & seeds removed)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp light sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until desired consistency, or process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with extra cilantro. Serve with tortilla or veggie chips!
About these awesome SNAP containers from OXO!
- Made from BPA-free borosilicate glass, the SNAP Glass Food Storage Containers can withstand extreme temperature changes without the risk of cracking or shattering
- The SNAP lids have four locking tabs and a removable gasket which ensures a leakproof seal
- SNAP Glass Containers are both nestable and stackable, which means whether they’re full or empty, it’s easy to fit them in your cabinets. (Which is great because the tupperware cabinet is pretty much always a disaster.)
- These containers make it easy to transport food without fear of leaks!