Being the baker in the family, I offered to do the cake and make some Madeleines to go along with it. Ashlee found a gorgeous cake online, and I created my own version of it for the shower. I’ll be sharing a post about that next! But today we have these Lemon Madeleines, and I know I’ve said it before, but Madeleines are seriously SO EASY if you have Madeleine pans. They’re great for baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, and I feel like they go with pretty much any slightly fancy event.
I’m planning to get some more use out of my Madeleine pans this summer since they bake so fast, so stay tuned for more Madeleine recipes!
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate, melted
- Lemon zest or sprinkles for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and set aside two non-stick Madeleine pans.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix on medium-low speed using an electric hand-held mixer. Mix until slightly foamy.
- Add flour and baking soda; mix until combined. Then add melted butter, lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Add about ½ tablespoon of batter to each of the shell-shaped cavities in the Madeleine pans. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the "bump" in centers of madeleines are set.
- Let the madeleines cool in the pans for a few minutes, then gently remove them from the pans with a knife and let them finish cooling on a wire rack. Repeat with remaining Madeleine batter.
- Once Madeleines are cool, drizzle with white chocolate. Garnish with more lemon zest or sprinkles, if desired. Store covered at room temperature.
*this post contains affiliate links*