Happy National Cheesecake Day, friends! I wanted to make you an actual baked cheesecake because they’re just the most luxurious things on the planet, but let’s be real. It’s too ridiculously hot to make a real cheesecake. So instead, we’re making the frozen kind, which is still pretty luxurious if you ask me. Because you still get a rich and creamy cheesecake, except half of the work and less anxiety about your cheesecake coming out of the oven with cracks and whatnot.
This is a guaranteed success, people. 🙂
After I made this cheesecake yesterday, I realized how much I like Neapolitan flavored things. I’m a sucker for layered desserts, and of course, I love the flavors. This no-bake cheesecake starts with an Oreo crust, which you can make yourself or buy at the store. Then it’s filled with light and fluffy layers of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry filling.
This Neapolitan treat is made with my all time favorite no-bake dessert base. It starts with cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk. Then Cool Whip is folded into that and it’s ready to be split into layers. The chocolate layer is flavor with cocoa powder, and the strawberry layer uses a puree from fresh, juicy strawberries. I did use a little dab of red food coloring to brighten the color up a bit, but that’s totally optional.
After I took photos of this pie yesterday, I told myself I was just going to take a bite to taste it. Next thing I knew the whole piece was gone. Don’t remember a thing. 😉
- 1 premade Oreo pie crust (or you can make your own!)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pureed strawberries
- (Dab of red food coloring, optional)
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder for garnish
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and milk and mix well. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Remove ⅔ of the cream cheese mixture and place ⅓ in one bowl and the other ⅓ in another. In the first bowl, add cocoa powdered and whisk until combined. In the second bowl, add the pureed strawberries and stir until combined.
- To assemble the the pie, pour the chocolate mixture into the pie crust and smooth out with a rubber spatula. Place the pie in the freezer and allow it to set, about 30 minutes. Once set, pour the plain layer on top of the chocolate and smooth it out. Return to the freezer for 30 minutes. Finally, add the strawberry layer, and smooth it out. Freezer for 6 hours or overnight. Decorate with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder.