We will still have wine. And champagne! Thank goodness for champagne.
I’m IN LOVE with these coupe glasses from Anthropolgie, but these floats would be just as cute served in plastic cups or plastic champagne glasses at your NYE shindig. If you go with store bought sorbet, the only other things you need are champagne and raspberries!
I made these floats in partnership with One Hope Wine, and if y’all haven’t seen their glitter bottles, you HAVE TO SEE THEM. They are things of beauty. I’m bummed we can’t ship alcohol here in the state of Alabama, otherwise I’d be ordering them for everything! I found some of One Hope’s Sparkling Brut at my local Whole Foods though, and it pairs perfectly with raspberries for this festive cocktail!
- 5 cups frozen raspberries, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- (Or 3-4 pints store bought raspberry sorbet)
- 2 bottles champagne
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Add raspberries and water to a food processor; process until smooth.
- Press mixture through a sieve and discard solids. Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice to raspberry puree, and stir to combine.
- Freeze according to ice cream maker's instructions. Then transfer to a freezable container.
- Freeze 2 to 4 hours for a firmer consistency.
- To make floats, place 1 to 2 scoops sorbet into a glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with raspberries.