1. My friend and I have started meeting at a coffee shop on Sunday mornings in order to give ourselves some time each week specifically dedicated to writing. Writing is something I’ve always done, and as I find myself growing more and more passionate about writing novels, the more I realize how little writing I actually do. It’s just something that isn’t going to happen during the week if I don’t specifically set aside time for it, you know? I get busy with blog stuff, work stuff, gym stuff, and before you know it, it’s the weekend. So I’m really glad to have at least some time specifically set aside for it now.
2. It’s farmer’s market weekend! The big farmer’s market here in Birmingham is called Pepper Place and I’m pumped for it to be starting back up! I desperately needed some fresh peaches last week, but couldn’t find them at the grocery stores near me, and I thought, “You know, Pepper Place would probably have these.” I love to go late morning on a Saturday, pick up some fresh produce or flowers, grab an iced coffee or hit up a food truck, and just walk around with friends. So perfect!
3. An extremely exciting opportunity presented itself to me this week! But I can’t tell you about it yet. It may or may never happen, it could be a long time, nothing could come of it, who knows! But no matter what happens, I’ve got some fun and exciting ideas in my head now and I will do something with them eventually. 😉
4. I’m attempting to cut soft drinks out of my diet, and I did pretty well this week. It’s a habit I’ve been trying to kick for literally forever. At my previous job, when I worked at a law firm, there were TWO fountain drink stations on every floor. I really enjoyed this at the time 😂 but it’s amazing how unnecessary it seems to me now. That’s when I got into the habit of drinking a soft drink everyday. They were just THERE, you know? I’ve been substituting my diet cokes with La Croix, hint water (both of which they keep stocked at work 🙌 ), and flavored waters using my dropbottle.
5. Recently I’ve been trying and royally failing at packing my lunch for work. Every week I’m like, “I’m going to make a week’s worth of lunches on Sunday!” And every Monday I have no lunches. Mostly I’m trying to eat healthier and spend less money on buying food out when I’ve already got food at home. A few weeks ago I ordered some of those reusable meal planning containers that everyone uses on instagram (lol) so I wouldn’t keep running out of my actual tupperware containers to store food. And this week I FINALLY DID IT. Lunches everyday! I feel like such an adult. 🙌
6. I randomly bought a ukulele on Amazon a few weeks ago. I know. 🙈 I’ve been trying to learn guitar for awhile, but I get really frustrated with barre chords. I just need to practice more, but I really wanted to learn how to play a whole song on SOMETHING. So I impulsively purchased this ukulele and y’all. IT IS SO FUN. It’s easy to play, the chords are simple (for the most part), and the strings don’t hurt my fingers. The sound reminds me of summer and beaches and the ocean and I love it. Maybe I will post a video sometime. 😂
7. I think I’ve finally decided. Actually, I think I’ve hit a wall if I’m being honest. It’s time for bethcakes to go healthy. And savory! And a little more lifestyle? I keep mentioning here and there that I’m trying to be a healthier human, and I’ve just gotten to the point where I don’t even want to be around sweets sometimes because I love them too much. My sweet tooth is just too strong! 😂 I hate to admit that I’ve been a little afraid to switch things up because of what other people might think. I feel like my audience is pretty used to dessert recipes, and my non-dessert posts and non-recipe posts NEVER do well. But this is a change I need to make for myself, and I think I’m finally really excited about it! There will still be plenty of cakes on here on the blog because I can’t not make cakes (my brain will always think in sugar and butter and calories), but I just need more *balance* in my life. So, new things to come! 🙌 🙌