Mark Zuckerburg invest 1 billion dollars into bethcakes brunch ideas. Maybe I should start a gofundme account.
This Waffle French Toast Bake is great for brunch, but I think we need to take a moment and talk about brinner. I think breakfast for dinner is a thing that should happen more often, especially because most breakfast foods are so easy and fast to prepare. If you know you’ve got specific weeknights that are gonna be crazy hectic–this is when you should be having brinner, friends. Krusteaz makes this even easier with their mixes: fluffy pancakes, waffles, muffins, cornbread (you can totally have cornbread for breakfast), and more. Just mix them up and serve with a side of fruit, bacon, sausage, eggs, yogurt, or whatever breakfast foods are your favorite!
- 1 box Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown butter (cooled, but still melted)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tsp powdered sugar (optional)
- Prepare waffle mix according to package directions. Bake in a lightly greased waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. Let waffles cool. (You can do this step a day in advance! Just store waffles in an airtight container or Ziploc bag.)
- Preheat oven to 350*F and lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Arrange a layer of waffles in the bottom of the pan. Break waffles into halves or fourths and overlap if you need to.
- Pour half of milk/egg mixture over waffles. Top with another layer of waffles and remaining milk mixture.
- Cover and refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Whisk together browned butter, maple syrup, and vanilla. After taking waffles out of the oven, immediately pour syrup mixture over waffles. Dust with powdered sugar before serving
Now it’s time for you to enjoy breakfast for dinner! Enter the giveaway below to win a Krusteaz Breakfast Night Prize Pack of your very own! You’ll be set on quick dinner options for a while with all of these fab mixes. In addition to 8 mixes, you’ll receive an apron, a squeeze bottle for the aspiring pancake artists, and a neat pancake griddle pan!