It’s a cool and sunny Friday in October and these Apple Crumb Muffins are what you need to bake this weekend! They’re addictive. Like standing over the sink while eating one in your pj’s addictive. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea for an afternoon treat.
The muffins themselves are super moist and easy to whip up. You can use any variety of apple you’d like or whatever you happen to have already at home. They get a layer of cinnamon-sugar in the middle and all of those glorious and buttery crumbles on top. My favorite way to mix up a crumb topping is combining all of the ingredients in a bowl and just mixing with a fork. Creates perfect crumbles so easily. I’m still all about the low energy and comfort baking these days, which is perfect for cozy season!
It might be weird, but I feel like you could also serve these Apple Crumb Muffins warm with a scoop of ice cream. They’re just so good! I would eat them anytime anywhere all year long.
More Muffin Recipes
Banana Muffins with Pecan Crumbles
Small Batch Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Browned Butter Coffee Cake Muffins
Apple Crumb Muffins
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups diced apple of your choice
To make the crumb topping
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, and flour with a fork until all ingredients are blended and mixture crumbly. Set aside.
To make the cinnamon-sugar
- Stir together cinnamon and sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
To make the muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°F and a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and buttermilk. Mix on medium-low speed with an electric mixer until just combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated. Fold in diced apple.
- Fill paper liners about ⅓ full; sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Spoon more batter over that, filling each paper line about ¾ full. Sprinkle crumb topping on top, covering completely.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F, then, without opening oven, turn the temperature down to 375°F. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few crumbs.
- Cool for 20 to 25 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
follow along with me:
facebook · instagram · twitter · pinterest
Leave a Reply