I’m so excited to share these Valentine’s cookies with y’all today! I’ve teamed up with M&M’S® and DOVE® to bring you one delicious bakery style cookie dough done three different ways. Whip up a batch and spread the love this Valentine’s Day by making cute cookie boxes for your friends and loved ones!
Let me tell you about these cookies. For this recipe, you make one big batch of dough, split it into three equal portions, and customize each one. The first dough gets a generous amount of Strawberry Shake M&M’S®. These are white chocolate M&M’S® with lots of strawberry flavor and they are divine! They come in festive colors and are so fun for Valentine’s Day.
The second dough gets some peanut butter, and each cookie is topped with a Dark Chocolate DOVE® Heart when they come out of the oven, like peanut butter blossoms. These cookies are so tender, and the peanut butter and smooth dark chocolate go so well together.
The third dough is similar to the second, but we’re mixing in some melted chocolate. Then each cookie is topped with a piece of DOVE® Dark Chocolate Ganache. SO good. These little chocolates might be my new favorite. They’re dark chocolate with a softer center that’s like rich whipped chocolate ganache.
The recipe below makes about 10 to 12 cookies for each type of dough. It’s also easy to divide the recipe in half if you’d like to make a smaller batch! Little cookie boxes filled with these sweet treats would just be so cute for Valentine’s. My favorite gifts are the homemade kind, especially when they’re baked from the heart and made with love!
Hope you all have a sweet Valentine’s Day and happy baking!
Bakery-Style Valentine's Cookies Three Ways
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate melted
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar for rolling
- ¾ cup chopped M&M’S® Strawberry Shake
- ½ cup whole M&M’S® Strawberry Shake for topping
- DOVE® Hearts Valentine’s Day Dark Chocolate Candy for topping, unwrapped
- DOVE® Dark Chocolate Ganache for topping, unwrapped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and both eggs; mix until just combined. Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated and dough comes together.
- Divide dough evenly between three bowls. In the first bowl, add the chopped Strawberry Shake M&M’S® and fold until distributed throughout. In the second bowl, add peanut butter and stir until incorporated. In the third bowl, add melted chocolate and stir until incorporated.
- On a parchment lined plate or baking sheet, scoop M&M’S® cookie dough with a 1-inch scoop and place on the tray. Press a few individual M&M’S® on top of each dough ball. (These can be whole or chopped.) Repeat with the peanut butter dough, and roll each dough ball in sugar before placing on the tray. And finally, repeat with chocolate cookie dough.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Dough can be refrigerated longer or overnight, just over with plastic wrap.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets. You may need to bake them in 2-3 batches. (I fit about three rows of three or three rows of four on each baking sheet.)
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set in the center and slightly puffed. (They’ll sink a little as they cool.) Remove from oven and immediately press DOVE® Dark Chocolate Hearts on top of each peanut butter cookie and DOVE® Dark Chocolate Ganache on each chocolate cookie. Garnish cookies with a light sprinkle of flakey sea salt, if desired.
- Store cookies in a sealed container at room temperature.
follow along with me: