I know I sort of took a week off from the blog last week. It was one of those times when I just needed a break to recharge my baking and blogging batteries. But I’m excited to say that last week was also my last week at a really stressful job. I’m working in the recipe business again and I couldn’t be MORE PUMPED about it. It makes such a huge difference in your daily life when you go from a job that doesn’t give you any fulfillment to a job that leaves you TOTALLY fulfilled and inspired.
So that’s what we’re celebrating on the blog today–summer and a fresh start–with a tart covered in a mountain of juicy berries
The filling is a simple cream cheese filling with some almond extract, which is probably one of the best scents on the planet. I decided to fold some berries into the filling, but you could leave them out for a simpler tart. THEN you pile on the berries! I used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries just because that’s what I was feeling, but you can literally sub in any berries you want.
Not only is this tart a great treat for any celebration, it’s pretty perfect for Memorial Day this weekend as well!
- 1½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tbsp almond extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- ½ cup fresh blueblerries
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- 1 - 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup almond slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a tart pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine oats, graham crumbs, almonds, and brown sugar in a food processor. Process until everything is finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the melted coconut oil until all the crumbs are evenly coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of the tart pan and up the sides. Bake for 15 minutes, then cool completely.
- In a medium-sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and almond extract, and mix until completely incorporated. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the Cool Whip. Add the filling to the tart crust, spreading all the way to the edges and smoothing the top. Top with berries and almond slices!