I only have one photo of this tart, which is from my cookbook, so this might be a short post! But it’s been so dreary and gray for the past week (like I redid some photos last week because it was so dark outside when I tried the first time), plus it’s supposed to be icy here tomorrow (something that causes great panic in Alabama lol), so I thought this Blueberry-Lemon Tart would be the perfect thing to share to start off the week!
This tart is SO easy! The only real work you have to do is make the blueberry sauce. Blend up some bluebs, then add the pureé to a small saucepan with some water and sugar. Cook until syrupy and it’ll be the perfect drizzling consistency to go over the lemon filling! The crust and lemon filling are your standard stuff. But all together, this tart is so delicious and perfect for these dreary and gray days!
- 1 cup blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- To make the blueberry sauce, place blueberries in a small blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Combine blueberry puree, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and stir slowly until sugar dissolves. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture thickens to a syrup-like consistency, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. (Blueberry sauce can be made in advance and kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 1-2 days.)
- To make the crust, preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a 9-inch tart pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- To make the filling, whip egg yolks with an electric mixer until thickened and lighter in color. Add sweetened condensed milk and mix until well blended. Add lemon juice and lemon zest; mix well. Pipe or drizzle blueberry sauce in horizontal lines over the filling. Use a toothpick to swirl the sauce into the filling, moving in straight lines perpendicular to the blueberry sauce.
- Return to oven and bake 15 minutes. Cool pie at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely. Garnish with blueberries and lemon slices. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply