So naturally I came home and caught up on blog things. Recently my blogging processes has consisted of making, photographing and writing one blog post on the weekends, and then attempting to make something else during the week, come home at lunch, and attempt to photograph it in 20 minutes. It’s not the best, but sometimes you’ve just gotta do what works!
You can make the browned butter and pecan streusel the day before you plan to make this banana bread if you’d like to break up the process a little bit. If you need a tutorial, this one is the way to go! You’ll need to let the butter cool back into a solid, but it needs to be at room temperature when you actually make the recipe.
This banana bread is perfect with a cup on coffee, especially on a gross, freezing, rainy afternoon. My roommate and I snacked on this banana bread and some cookies she made, watched a movie, and called it a day. Except then I went out for margaritas. Turned out to be a pretty eventful Thursday!
Brown Butter Maple Cinnamon Banana Bread with Pecan Steusel
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
brown butter maple cinnamon banana bread
- 1/2 cup butter browned and cooled back into a solid state, at room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas mashed about one cup of mash
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp maple extract
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
for the pecan streusel
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until all the pecans have been coated with butter, sugar and flour. The mixture should be dry, not wet. Set aside.
for the banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, cream brown butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add granulated and light brown sugars and mix until combined and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Next, add the mashed banana, milk, maple extract, and cinnamon, mixing until all are completely incorporated. Then add the baking soda, baking powder, and half of the flour. Mix until just combined. Add the second half of the flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with pecan streusel. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the banana bread cool until slightly warm and serve!
I love me some banana bread, and I am definitely going to have to try this one!
You should totally try it! I’m not even the biggest banana bread fan and I loved this. 🙂
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This looks absolutely delicious. Love that streusel and your photos. Pinning! 🙂
Thanks, Medha! The streusel is the best part. 🙂
Julia @ Sprinkled With Jules says
This banana bread sound amazing! I love all the flavors AND of course the streusel!
Thanks, Julia! The streusel is my favorite. 🙂
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love the flavors of this banana bread! I wish I had a couple slices to go with my morning coffee!
Oh, this banana bread is so perfect with coffee. 🙂 Thanks, Jessica!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Mmm I’m a banana bread-aholic and all that streusel on there looks amaaaazing!! Pinned 🙂
The streusel is totally the best part! I don’t know why I don’t make banana more often!
Lux Ganzon says
I can feel the sugar rush by just looking at these photos. Yum!
Annie @Maebells says
What a beautiful bread! I love the addition of the browned butter, I think it pairs so well with the pecan steusel!
Sounds like a great day to me! The bread looks delicious!
Jess @ Sweet Menu says
WOW! Talk about taking banana bread to the next level! This loaf is spectacular.
Mmmmm this banana bread looks so good! I’m not a big banana person but lately I cannot get enough of banana bread! I need to try this version! Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Mmmm, I love anything with giant chunks of streusel on top. It’s so nice when work ends unexpectedly early, it always makes me feel like I have so much time to get things done, but then I just end up watching Netflix. 😉
Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic says
This banana bread looks so special! I’d love to snack on it during a snow day – or any day, really!
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain says
I feel like I used to make a box version of this for my family when I was growing up. A homemade version, with plenty of browned butter, sounds awesome! Love this classy banana bread, Beth! 😀
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
I always make banana muffins, but rarely make banana bread. I love this loaf and I bet the pecans make it extraordinary!