I decided to make madeleines because I needed something easy to make in the store. Madeleines are super simple and bake in 7-8 minutes. Plus, William Sonoma has the cutest heart-shaped madeleine pans. <3
They really are the easiest things to make! Can you just imagine drinking an afternoon coffee with a couple of these. Perfect mid-day pick me up!
As with the cake, I flavored these little guys with Icebox Coffee concentrate and threw in some mini chocolate chips. It was fun to mix up the batter in the store and serve them to the customers right out of the oven!
Chocolate Chip Coffee Madeleines
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp Icebox Coffee concentrate
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two madeleine pans with non-stick spray.
- Combine sugar and eggs in a bowl and mix on medium-low speed using an electric hand-held mixer. Mix well until slightly foamy.
- Next, add flour and baking soda, and mix until combined. Then add melted butter, coffee concentrate, and coffee extract. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Add about one tablespoon of batter to each of the shell-shaped cavities on the madeleine pans. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and the tops of the madeleines are puffed.
- Let the madeleines cool in the pans for a few minutes, then gently remove them from the pans with a knife and let them finish cooling on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving!