This cheesecake is seriously one of my favorite things I’ve ever made. A) It’s cheesecake. B) It’s super creamy thanks to the addition of some Greek yogurt. C) Do you SEE THAT CINNAMON SWIRL? And D) It’s got cinnamon chips in it.
You don’t *have* to use cinnamon chips, mainly because I don’t know where you can actually buy them in a store. But if you happen to have some, now is the time to use them. I bought two bags online forever ago, and save them for special occasions. Like cheesecake.
Which, coincidentally, is the number of national championships Alabama has now. 😉
Follow along with me!
Facebook + Twitter + Instagram + Pinterest
Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter melted
cinnamon swirl filling
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 Tbsp flour
cinnamon swirl cheesecake
- 2 8-oz blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 6-oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 large eggs + 2 yolks
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips optional
for the crust
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Wrap the bottom of the pan in foil, making sure to come up over the sides, completely wrapping the pan in foil. (This will prevent anything from leaking onto the bottom of your oven, which shouldn't happen, but better safe than sorry!)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Stir until crumbs are completely coated. Press crumbs evenly into the bottom of the springform pan.
for the cinnamon swirl filling
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag or Ziploc bag.
for the cheesecake
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar; mix well. Add yogurt, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour. Mix until incorporated.
- Next, add the eggs and yolks; mix well.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling into the springform pan, smoothing out with a spoon if necessary. Cut the tip off the piping bag and pipe a swirl of cinnamon filling over the cheesecake. (Use about half of the filling.) Sprinkle with cinnamon chips.
- Spoon the remaining cheesecake over the filling and cinnamon chips. Pipe another large swirl of cinnamon filling over the top.
- Lightly tap the springform pan against the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven, crack the oven door, and let the cheesecake sit for 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from oven and run a knife around the inside of the pan. Let cheesecake cool completely. Cover and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Recipe from bethcakes. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Jess @ Sweetest Menu says
Seriously? This cheesecake looks incredible! That cinnamon swirl has me weak at the knees! Amazing Beth. Pinned!
Thanks so much for pinning, Jess! 🙂
I saw this on Instagram and I had to come tell you how fabulous it is!!! This is just amazing! I seriously looks like a gigantic cinnamon roll! I can’t wait to make it!
Haha thanks so much, Annie! If you make it, I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Rachel @ Bakerita says
OMG how could you forget about this beauty?!?! I’m so all about this – that swirl is calling my name! This is one I MUST try.
I DON’T KNOW. Haha, just slipped my mind somehow. Thanks, Rachel! 🙂
This is amazing! And Roll Tide!
Roll tide rooooollll. 🙂
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
This cheesecake looks absolutely stunning- and as if the top wasn’t enough, it slices beautifully! Pinning 🙂
Thanks so much for pinning, Medha! 🙂
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie says
I’ve totally found cinnamon chips at my grocery store before! IDK if it’s seasonal though so I should prob start hunting them down. This cheesecake looks amazing I’m so glad you remade it to share with us!
Oh, really! I wonder if I’m just not looking hard enough! Thanks, Erin. 🙂
Taylor - Lights Camera Catwalk says
This looks SO GOOD and combines my two favorite things: cheesecake and cinnamon!
Two of my favorite things, too! Thanks, Taylor! 🙂
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
I just love the presentation here, Beth. I kept seeing you posting this on social media and was so intrigued! It looks and sounds amazing. Worth hunting down for cinnamon chips for sure!
This looks sooo good. Roll Tide!
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Such a pretty cheesecake! What a fun idea!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
I mean, hello, what’s not to love? This is a perfect cheesecake, Beth!
Valentina | The Baking Fairy says
This looks incredible! I saw it on Facebook and just couldn’t resist clicking over and checking it out. The swirl hypnotized me 😉 Pinning for later for sure! Also I’ve seen cinnamon chips at the grocery store by the chocolate chips before, but I’ve never paid enough attention to see if they were seasonal or not. I’ll totally have to buy some for this cheesecake!