Woo hoo, an actual new post! I’ve been wanting to share this no-bake cheesecake since before quarantine. Which feels like a million years ago. My aunt and uncle were visiting from New Jersey for my cousin’s wedding and staying with my parents. My mom asked if I could bring something “light” for dessert after dinner one night, so I whipped up this fluffy cheesecake. For such a simple dessert, I was surprised by how much they raved over it!
It’s weird to think that weekend my family visited was the last real weekend we did anything. We went to El Barrio for a delicious lunch and drove them around town to see how much Birmingham has changed since they moved away. The wedding was so fun too, way out in the middle of nowhere in a barn with fairy lights and a cool old farmhouse. That’s when they started announcing the shut downs and my friend texted me asking if I was still at the wedding with all those people.
It’s a nice memory to have, but I sure cannot wait until we can all do these things safely again!
About this recipe:
The crust: When I originally made this recipe, I baked the graham crust for about 12 minutes at 350°F. This go around I wanted this cheesecake to be 100% no-bake. It’s the same recipe, though! No alterations needed and it freezes really well. Stays together and everything when you cut a slice! I did add a pinch of cinnamon and brown sugar to add some flavor, though.
The filling: It gets its tangy, delicious cheesecake flavor from a few things. Instant cheesecake pudding mix, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt. I always add Greek yogurt to any kind of cheesecake! It really adds to the creamy texture and flavor. Once I started adding it, I’ve never gone back!
Toppings: Obviously I topped this cheesecake with whipped cream and strawberries, but you can switch it up and top it with anything you like! It’s the perfect blank canvas and totally works with any kind of fruit you want, no matter the season. It would also be good with like some drizzly ganache and crushed up cookies. Get creative with it!
Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Pinch of ground cinnamon optional
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1 (1-oz) cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese softened
- 1 (6-oz) container vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
For the crust
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Transfer to the freezer while preparing the filling.
For the filling
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Transfer to the refrigerator to set according to package directions.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand-held mixer, beat cream cheese and yogurt on medium speed until combined. Add vanilla and powdered sugar; mix well.
- Once pudding has set, add to the cream cheese mixture and mix until incorporated. Pour over crust in springform pan and smooth with a spoon or offset spatula. Return to freezer.
For the whipped cream
- Clean out stand mixer bowl and add the whisk attachment. (Or use another large bowl and a hand-held mixer.) Add heavy cream and whip on high speed. With mixer running, slowly add vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract) and powdered sugar. Whip until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over filling in springform pan. (If using any kind of non-fruit toppings, you could add them here!)
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Let the cheesecake thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes and add fruit toppings and garnishes. (Alternately, if you'd like, you can add the whipped cream AND toppings just before serving.) Use a hot knife to cut into servings.