Last week I posted these Bourbon Cranberry Lemonade Fizzes and I had some cranberries leftover. I wanted to use them up, and remembered a bottle of Cranberry-Pomegranate juice I saw in the grocery store when I went to buy the Cranberry Lemonade. Really I just wanted to also make something with pomegranates.
For some reason, pomegranates have always reminded me of aliens. Alien fruit. Like if an alien came to earth and saw a pomegranate, he’d be like, “Gah, finally something that looks edible!”
Turns out, pomegranate seeds combined with cranberries in a pot on the stove with some sugar and water makes the most gorgeous colored syrup. It was so vibrantly pink! I wanted to a paint with it. Swirling it into the top of this cheesecake made me feel all artistic and stuff.
Also also, adding yogurt to cheesecake makes it suuuper creamy. Don’t forget this step! I will never not add yogurt to a cheesecake ever again.
In addition to the Nutella Pumpkin S’mores Tart I posted on Friday, this would also be a great Thanksgiving dessert option. Honestly, it can be hard to remember dessert because it’s turkey and side dish crazy town, but definitely make this cheesecake and remember to save room for dessert.
Cranberry-Pomegranate Swirled White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
white chocolate cheesecake
- two 8oz packages of cream cheese room temp/softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips melted
- 2 large eggs + two yolks
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
for the crust
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with nonstick spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumb/pecan mixture and melted butter. Stir until all the crumbs are coated and the mixture holds it's shape when pressed together. (For the graham crumbs and pecans, I added it all to a food processor and then processed until there were fine crumbs. I used about 1 1/2 packages of graham crackers--as in the packages inside the box. Then tossed in the pecans and processed.)
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and let the crust cool completely.
for the cranberry-pomegranate syrup
- Prepare the syrup while the graham cracker crust is cooling. You can even make it a day ahead if you want! (Keep in mind that the cheesecake will need to chill in your fridge for 6-8 hours before being served.)
- Combine all ingredients--pomegranate seeds, cranberries, sugar, and water--in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure the mixture doesn't boil too much or boil over. During this time, you'll notice the cranberries sort of bust open and all the fruit gets mushy. Press the fruit with a rubber spatula to make sure all the juice has been released.
- Remove from heat, let cool completely before swirling into the cheesecake.
white chocolate cheesecake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sugar and mix until incorporated. Next add the yogurt and white chocolate, and mix until just combined. Add the eggs, and mix well. Repeat with the yolks. Finally, add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust in the springform pan. Tap the pan on the counter a couple times to release any air bubbles. Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and place it all in the preheated oven. Bake for 45 minutes. The center of the cheesecake should still be a little jiggly. Turn the oven off and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for an hour. Then remove cheesecake, let it cool completely, and then chill for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream and leftover pomegranate seeds and cranberries!
Beth this is such a gorgeous cheesecake! Cheesecake is one of those things I rarely make but totally enjoy eating! 🙂 haha And mine always crack – I think it makes a cheesecake a cheesecake! lol
Haha, thanks Ashley! It’s totally a normal cheesecake then! 🙂
Baby June says
What a pretty cheesecake! I just love the swirls on top, very colorful. 🙂
Oh my this look amazing. You had me at white chocolate cheesecake.
Thanks, Erika! 🙂
Gah, these photos are breathtaking! Pomegranates are the most photogenic fruit.
Thanks, lady! Yeahhh I was really excited to take photos of them! 🙂
Graham @ Glazed & Confused says
okay… let’s just assess this situation.
you just combined cranberries, pomegranates, white chocolate, cheesecake, AND graham crackers.
you win today. drooling.
Graham, your comments are always my favorites. 🙂
Stacey Ryder says
At what point do you add the syrup and swirl?
Julia @ Sprinkled With Jules says
White chocolate cheesecake?! Please!!
Yass! Thanks, Julia! 🙂
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
White chocolate cheesecake is amazing but adding pomegranate and cranberries is genius! Love the seasonal twist 🙂
Thanks, Medha! 🙂
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Pomegranates are one of my favorite things to eat, and have been since I was a kid! I love them tons, but I’ve never used them in a baked good. I love the cranberry pomegranate combo, and with white chocolate?! Sold. Pinned!
Rachel, you totally have to bake something with them! Thanks for pinning! 🙂
Ilona @ Ilona's Passion says
I am crazy for pomegranate lately. I can’t stop eating this delicious fruit! I love the idea of pomegranate and cranberries in this sweet cheesecake1
The pomegranate is great with white chocolate, Ilona! 🙂
Jess @ On Sugar Mountain says
I am SO jealous! I would love a slice (or the whole thing) of this cheesecake right now! The colors are absolutely gorgeous for the holidays, and such a nice twist to add cranberries AND pomegranates. 😀
Thanks, Jess! Yeah, I’ve been eating on this cheesecake since Saturday, haha. Just couldn’t share it. 😉
Thank ya! 🙂
This is GORGEOUS!!! The cranberry with pomegranate sounds delicious!!!
Thanks so much, Amanda! 🙂
Matt @ Runner Savvy says
Oh this looks awesome!
Thanks, Matt! Also, Roll Tide! Saw on instagram that you were at the game. So jealous!
Mary Frances says
Um you had me at pomegranates. And your totally stunning photos. This is a mouthful and completely worth it! Love all the flavors, especially the pomegranate white chocolate. Pinning!
Beautiful. I’m sad I wasn’t there to get a big bite. 🙂
Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron says
This is so creative!! I thought the title had me craving it until I saw the pictures! My mouth is literally watering!! Pinned! 🙂
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
Beautiful cheesecake! Cranberries and pomegranate really makes this cake shine. I love how creamy it looks too!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Such a gorgeous cheesecake! Love the cranberry pomegranate combination!
Alessandra // the foodie teen says
Looks absolutely amazing – I LOVE that pretty pink colour on top!
Meriem @ Culinary Couture says
What a gorgeous cheesecake for the holidays Beth!
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
This is such a gorgeous and festive cake, Beth! Love it!
OMG, this cheesecake looks so amazing
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Craving a slice of this cheesecake right now – it looks so delicious, and I am just drooling over that fruity swirl!
Wow, this cheesecake looks so festive. I love white chocolate, I love cranberries, I bet I would love this cheesecake too. Great pictures as well, you can see how creamy the cheesecake is in that last picture. Well done!
I’m not a big cheesecake fan, but that looks amazing!
Wish A Cupcake Delhi says
Wow this cake looks so amazing and the idea of using white choclate cheese cake with cranberries is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.