This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dr Pepper. All opinions are my own. #OneOfAKindFan
But what about the desserts? What about that sweet craving you get when all the salty and saucy things wear off?
What kind of desserts do you typically see at tailgates? Cookies? Brownies? Dessert “finger foods”? As the person who is always in charge of sweets, I think that you, and by extension, your team, deserve better.
Floats are also perfect for football weather. It may be November, but we’ll still probably have a few warm days here in the South. After spending all day outside, walking around campus, or playing a riveting game of corn hole, something sweet and frosty is exactly what you need.
After the ice cream freezes overnight, all you have to do is add a few scoops to a glass and then top it off with Dr Pepper. The fizz creates this really awesome “dome,” like it’s going to bubble up and overflow. Top it off with a cherry and you’re ready to cheer your team onto victory!
Dr Pepper Ice Cream Floats
- 2 12-oz cans Dr Pepper
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean split and scraped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Cherries for garnish
- Football decorations
- Pour two cans of Dr Pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until Dr Pepper has been reduced to ½ cup. Remove from heat and let it cool completely. (This step can be done a day or two in advance if you would like. Just keep the reduction covered in the fridge. Let it come to room temp before using.)
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla bean seeds, and the reduced Dr Pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Whip heavy cream on medium-high speed with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into the Dr Pepper mixture until completely incorporated.
- Pour ice cream base into a 9x5 loaf pan and smooth out the top. Freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
- To make Dr Pepper floats, fill a glass with a few scoops of Dr Pepper ice cream, and pour enough Dr Pepper to cover. Pour slowly because the fizz will overflow easily.
- Garnish with a cherry and football decorations. (I used a cookie cut into a football shape and piped the laces with white chocolate.)
Be sure to check out the Cartwheel offer at Target, too! (Cans and bottles!) From Nov. 1 – Dec. 12, use Cartwheel to receive 5% off of 12-packs and 2-liters of Dr Pepper or 10% off of 6 or 8-packs of bottles and cans.
Are you a one of a kind fan? From Nov. 2 – Dec. 13, those who upload an Instagram photo showing how they are a #OneOfAKindFan of Dr Pepper will be entered for a chance to win a $100 Target GiftCard™. A winner will be awarded each week. Must be 18 or older to enter.