Happy Friday Eve, friends! I am very excited to share this Easy Apple Cobbler with y’all today because we all know autumn is by far the best season for baking AND it actually feels like fall today!!
I am SO READY for autumn. It’s the best time of the year for flavors and baking and holidays and all the cozy vibes. It’s just all good.
And we’re kicking off autumn baking this year with this Easy Apple Cobbler. It’s one bowl, no-mixer required, and your kitchen will smell amazing. I made mine in an 8-inch round cake pan, but any 8 or 9-inch baking dish will do! It also bakes in about 25 minutes, meaning you can enjoy it relatively soon after baking. 🙌
For the apple topping, you’ll need about three cups of sliced apples. They’re tossed with some lemon juice to prevent browning, and then tossed with some brown sugar and ground cinnamon. You could also use apple pie spice, or, if you’re feeling fancy, a combination of your favorite cozy autumn spices.
The cake part of this cobbler is very soft and gooey, which is so perfect when it’s warm and paired with some ice cream. You’ll need your classic cake ingredients: flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt, light brown sugar, vanilla, milk, and some more cinnamon. I love this recipe because you can just whisk it all together in a large bowl and that’s that.
The apples sit in the sugar mixture while you prepare the cobbler, which extracts some of the juices and apply goodness. After spreading the cobbler in the baking dish, the apples and all the juices are poured right over it in the pan. You may need to rearrange the apple slices slightly, but as long as they’re mostly in an even-ish layer, you’re good.
The cake bakes up around the apples and it’s all warm, gooey, and cinnamony. 😍 It’s the perfect weekend bake! And the best way to usher in the fall season. Happy baking, friends!
Easy Apple Cobbler
- 3 cups sliced apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8-inch baking pan with baking spray.
- To make the apple topping, toss sliced apples with lemon juice, then the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- To make the cobbler, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Add flour, cinnamon, add baking powder. Whisk until ingredients are incorporated. Spread batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour apples and any juices over the top of the batter. Arrange apples in a mostly single layer over the batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is set. Or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake part of the cobbler comes out clean.
- Let the cobbler cool; serve warm with ice cream.
follow along with me: