Happy Friday Eve, y’all! It’s been a little quiet around the blog this week, but I’ve got some big plans for the upcoming holidays. The Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, and a couple of other fun surprises in there.
But first! This past weekend I took a little road trip to Virginia, which is 11-12ish hours from Alabama. Aaaand we drove. In a car. Recently I joined the writing team over at Literally, Darling and there was a meet-up with wine and cupcakes and bbq and mac and cheese. It was really nice hanging out with a bunch of people who love to write, which is one of the reasons I started this little blog. I’ve had to put it on the back burner a lot recently, so it was nice to just sit and chat with some really fun and inspiring people!
Since I knew I was going to be meeting a bunch of awesome ladies, my friend Lindsey and I decided to bring cupcakes. They held up surprisingly well in the car for 12 hours! I just knew we were going to open the container when we got there and frosting was going to be everywhere.
But it wasn’t! I went with funfetti cupcakes with a whole birthday cake Oreo baked on the inside. I love giving those cupcakes to people because they totally freak out after taking the first bite. It is the BEST.
I didn’t have any posts scheduled for this week because I am terrible at planning these things sometimes, so I used some left over cake batter and Oreos to make trifles! Plus cheesecake filling, which I felt like really needed to be pink. These are great at parties or as afternoon snacks when you sneak away from work in the middle of the day!
Funfetti Oreo Cheesecake Trifles
- 1 batch of this recipe without cookie butter cups: https://bethcakes.com/cookie-butter-cup-surprise-cupcakes/
- Add 2/3 cup rainbow jimmies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz half of a container Cool Whip
- food coloring optional
- 1 package Birthday Cake Oreos chopped into small pieces
- 10-12 cups or jars
- Follow the directions for the cake recipe, adding 2/3 cup rainbow jimmies and leaving out the cookie butter cups. Bake in 8 inch cake pans for about 20-25 minutes, or until the center has set and a toothpick can be inserted into the center of the cakes and come out clean. Let the cakes cool completely.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and milk and mix until combined. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix on low until just combined. Then bump up the speed to medium-high and mix for one minute.
- Fold in the Cool Whip and keep the rest in the fridge. (You'll need it later.) Add food coloring if you'd like! Transfer cheesecake filling to a piping bag and cut a small hole in the tip.
- Add a layer of cake crumbs to the bottom of each cup. Then pipe cheesecake filling over the cake and top with Oreo crumbs. Repeat this process one more time.
- Cover and store the trifles in the fridge overnight. When read to serve, add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles on top.
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
Wine, cupcakes, bbq, mac and cheese. Um that sounds like the best party ever. Invite me next time! Ha ha. These are just gorgeous. The color and the sprinkles – I’m so crushing on them! XO
I’ve never seen anything more beautiful in my entire life.
Jeff Branch says
Soooo colorful, and I bet they tasted great. I am so glad you were able to connect with others at Literally, Darling. That shows commitment to drive so far. 🙂
These are so cute! That’s the color that my little birthday no-bake cheesecakes were *supposed* to be…but mine didn’t end up as bright and fun 🙂
Lily Lau says
Love everything that includes funfetti, and these look so lovely! 😀
That is a long time in the car!! haha I hate being in the car that long! But it sounds like it was worth it 🙂
These trifles are so pretty! All those colors! And of course they sound delicious.
June Burns says
What fun little treats! Sprinkles and oreos just go so well together 🙂
Yummy! That’s all I can say, just yummy!
Jess @ whatjessicabakednext says
These trifles look gorgeous and super cute, Beth! 😀
So happy I saw these. They are so cheerful and pretty – totally made me smile.
Justine | Cooking and Beer says
These are so perfect, Beth! … and pretty gorgeous also. 😉 Pinned!
Chris @ Shared Appetite says
These sound pretty epic! I’m all about the funfetti. That’s right, I’m a dude and I love funfetti. I said it. And now I want to devour these bad boys!