And also Oreos. I’ve blabbed on and on many times here on the blog about how much I love them when they’re baked inside of cakes or brownies, how they get so soft on the inside and are somehow even better than they were before. It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted a recipe with my fave sandwich cookies, so I felt like these needed to happen.
And these really couldn’t be any easier. For this post, I made them a little differently than the ones I packaged up and shipped off to my blogger matches. I chopped up the Oreos and folded them into the dough the first time, which turned out totally fine, but too many Oreo crumbs can give the cookies a gray-ish color.
The second time, I just decided to press half the dough into the pan, arrange the Oreos on top, and then cover them with the rest of the cookie dough.
Follow along with me! –> Facebook + Twitter + Instagram + Pinterest
Funfetti Oreo Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Birthday Cake Oreos or your fave Oreos
- Garnish: chocolate drizzles and sprinkles!
- Preheat oven to 350*F and spray a 9x9 inch baking pan with cooking spray
- Cream butter on medium high speed with an electric mixer. Add sugar and vanilla; mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing well after each.
- Next, add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide dough in half. Press half of dough into the prepared pan. Arrange Oreos over cookie dough, then top with remaining cookie dough. (The easiest way to do this is to just lay flat pieces of dough over the top and sort of press the seams together.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cookie dough is golden brown on top. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Recommended: drizzle with melted chocolate and cover with sprinkles!
Big shout out to Lindsay of Love & Olive Oil and Julie of The Little Kitchen for organizing this cookie swap every year! I can’t imagine how much goes into organizing something like this and have it run so smoothly, so a huge thank you to them!
If you’re interested in participating in next year’s cookie swap, you can sign up here to receive notifications about dates and things!