Especially because they are SUPER easy to make. There are only a few ingredients and they taste like buttery yellow cake.
I don’t think I need to tell you why else they are perfect for Friday. 😉 #sprankles
I used to eat yogurt for breakfast a lot when I was in college because it was easy and fast, but my problem with week day breakfasts is that I eat the same thing for a long time. Weeks and weeks. And then I get sick of it. I’ve just gotten back into eating yogurt for breakfast or snacks, and I decided I needed to revamp some pops I made on my old blog.
Soo, these pops needed a major makeover.
I swapped some homemade whipped cream for Cool Whip because it’s more stable, added a little more cake mix, and added a super secret ingredient that really boosts the cake flavor. (It’s butter extract.)
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (about 2 6oz yogurt cups)
- 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp imitation butter flavoring/extract
- 8oz container of Cool Whip (you'll only use half of the container)
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- Combine yogurt and cake mix in a bowl and whisk until completely combined. Add milk and butter extract and carefully whisk together.
- Fold in Cool Whip and sprinkles.
- Fill the popsicle mold and freeze for about 4 hours, or overnight. Dip mold in hot water for 10 seconds to release pops.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, combine chocolate chips and cream. Stir constantly until completely melted and combined. Let the ganache cool, transfer to a squeeze bottle, or just drizzle it over the pops.
Recipe from bethcakes. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
I currently don’t have any posts scheduled for next week (because I’ll be at Food Blog Forum !!!), but I’ll probably be taking tons of photos. So make sure you’re following me on Instagram!
Have a great weekend, y’all!