I’m just going to go ahead and tell you to carve out some time in your busy schedule and make these. Just pencil it in. Add it as a reminder on your phone. Go ahead and drive to Trader Joe’s for cookie butter. Or if you’re like me and there isn’t a TJ’s in your entire state, go to your secret cookie butter stash and and sacrifice half a cup. It’s worth it.
These pies are beyond easy. When I had the flu last week, I knew Pi Day was coming. I couldn’t not make pie on Pi Day, so I used some mini graham cracker crusts I bought for some other recipe idea that never happened. You know how it is.
A couple weeks ago I made some brownies and I ended up having some extras–weird, I know. But I put them in the freezer, hoping I could figure out another use for them. I also had some ganache in the fridge, as you do, so really these little pies came together all on their own!
Let’s breakdown these pies a little bit. You start with these mini crusts and cover the bottom with ganache. If you don’t feel like making ganache, I think store-bought hot fudge sauce would be a good sub here. Then sprinkle the ganache with brownie crumbs. You can go store-bought with those too if you don’t have any brownies just laying around. Then fill the rest of the crust with cookie butter filling, which is basically cookie butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk, and powdered sugar. Drizzle with more ganache and brownie crumbs.
And there you have it. The easiest and tastiest no-bake pies ever. These are definitely a new favorite for me. They have just the right crunch from the crust, creamy from the filling, and fudgy chocolate from the ganache and brownies. Apparently I do my best thinkin’ when I have the flu.
Mini Cookie Butter Brownie Pies
ganache (or store-bought hot fudge)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
cookie butter filling
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup cookie butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brownie crumbs homemade or store bought
- 6 pre-made mini graham cracker pie crusts
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
to make the ganache
- Place chocolate in a heat proof bowl. Add cream to a small saucepan over medium low heat and cook, stirring often, until the cream is barely simmering. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Let it sit for about five minutes, and then whisk until smooth. Set aside.
to make the filling
- Combine cream cheese and cookie butter in a bowl and mix on medium speed (with a hand-held electric mixer) until smooth and creamy. Next, add vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk. Mix well and until combined.
to make the whipped cream
- Place whipping and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix on medium high speed using a hand-held electric mixer. Continue mixing for a few minutes, and the whipped cream will thicken. Keep mixing until stiff peaks form.
to assemble the pies
- Drizzle cooled ganache in the bottom of each pie crust and sprinkle with brownie crumbs. Next, fill the rest of the pies with the cookie butter filling. If you like, you can drizzle with more ganache and brownie crumbs. Top the pies with a dollop of whipped cream! Enjoy them how they are, or refrigerate until ready to serve.