Let me tell you about the no-bake cheesecake of my dreams. It’s this No-Bake Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cheesecake. I mean, look at her. She’s a beauty. A work of art! Look at those cookies and cream pieces. Glorious.
I’ve been all about the berry recipes lately, so I thought I’d switch things up this week. Also it gets sweltering hot in our kitchen during the summers. Just from the afternoon sunlight! It bakes in there, so when it comes to actually baking… I decided to not. And this cheesecake is so good, I think my family liked it better than a regular cheesecake. The texture is so smooth and creamy. It’s almost a little mousse-like. And then you get those soft Oreos pieces in there. Jeeze.
no-bake oreo crust
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s 100% no-bake. Some recipes have a no-bake filling, but still have you bake the crust. Which is not a huge deal because they don’t bake for very long, but it’s kind of misleading, right? This crust is just some Oreos and some butter, and it all sticks together so you don’t have to even fool with turning the oven on at all.
You’ll need exactly 18 Oreos for the crust. I’m telling you this mostly because you’ll need the rest of the Oreos for the filling, so try not to snack on them. Like, not even one. I know this is asking a lot, but you’ll thank me later.
no-bake cheesecake filling
This filling! It’s the best. I’d originally planned to just do a regular old cookies and cream cheesecake, but then decided it needed something extra (chocolate). Such a good decision. It’s ultra creamy and dreamy and delicious and we stood over the plate saying “okay, this is the last bite” over and over until we made ourselves stop. That’s how good it is!
It starts with a combination of cream cheese and Greek yogurt (I used whole milk Greek yogurt), powdered sugar, vanilla, and melted chocolate. Then you’ll whip some heavy cream and fold that in. And then you just add the chopped Oreos! It’s a pretty simple process, although it does create quite a bit more dishes than I’d like. This is the trade off for delicious cheesecake, I guess.
One thing to note here is that I used a 9-inch springform pan, and this filling will completely fill it all the way to the top. It’s a tall one! I like to let it set in the refrigerator for a little while, then cover loosely with plastic wrap, and then freeze overnight. To me, this just helps it set and then slice nicely later. Just let it thaw in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
The pictures don’t even do this baby justice. If you’re looking for a good no-bake recipe this summer, let it be this No-Bake Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cheesecake. You don’t even have to have an occasion for it, although a backyard bbq or pool party situation sounds pretty nice right about now!
Hope y’all are having a great start to the summer! Happy (no) baking!
More No-Bake Recipes:
Icebox Opera Cake
Classic No-Bake Cheesecake
No-Bake Chocolate Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 8-oz blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Greek yogurt I used whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 cups chopped Oreo cookies
- Additional whipped cream
- Additional Oreos or Mini Oreos
To make the crust:
- Place the Oreos in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until all crumbs are coated and the mixture holds its shape when pressed together.
- Press crust into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan and slightly up the sides. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
To make the filling:
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. (You can even do this step before you prepare the crust to give it more time to cool before using.)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (or the bowl of a stand mixer), beat cream cheese and Greek yogurt on medium speed until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla; mix until incorporated. Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- In another bowl, either with a hand-held mixer with the whisk attachment, or the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until no streaks remain (your arm might get tired!). Fold in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour filling into the prepared springform pan over the crust and spread to the edges. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. Thaw for 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and Oreos, if you’d like!
- After serving, store covered in the refrigerator.
follow along with me:
facebook · instagram · twitter · pinterest
OMG, sooooo delicious!
Erika from AmazingTalker says
This was sooo good! My family loved it too.