Happy Official First Day of Summer, y’all! I feel like it’s been summer here for a minute so that’s why we’re having another no-bake treat today—No-Bake Key Lime Cloud Pie! So named because of its dreamy texture. The filling is literally like a giant fluffy and zesty cloud. Sink a fork into a slice and you’ll understand exactly what I mean.
This is another 100% no-bake pie, just like this no-bake cookies & cream cheesecake I shared last time. You don’t even have to bake the crust! Which is a major win. We’ve been avoiding turning on the oven and heating up the kitchen at all costs. Plus it’s just like low energy, minimal effort. This is the ultimate lazy summer pie. Lazy girl summer, chill girl summer. These are the vibes I’m manifesting these days!
DREAMY CLOUD FILLING
For the filling, I opted for mascarpone cheese instead of cream cheese. Mascarpone has a little bit of a milder flavor and I really wanted the key lime to shine here. Add some Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, Key lime juice, and zest.
It’s 100% okay to use regular limes if you can’t find Key limes. And I always use Nellie & Joe’s Key Lime Juice, but if you really feel compelled to juice a million tiny key limes, you can absolutely use fresh Key lime juice! Then some whipped cream is folded in and the filling is whipped until stiff peaks form. So you can pile it high in the crust and it’ll hold its shape.
We’re making whipped cream twice here. I tried to find a way to have it all made at once (lower energy, minimal effort and all), but this pie needs to chill overnight and the whipped cream that goes on top is best when it’s fresh. So I like to add that closer to time to serve. Freshly whipped cream also adds to the overall volume and “cloud”iness of this pie.
Top with lime slices, maybe a little zest, and even a sprinkle of some crushed graham crackers. What a cool and creamy summer treat! This No-Bake Key Lime Cloud Pie is perfect for a hot afternoon. Maybe after a dip in the pool or a beach day. Ahhh, summer. I feel like this pie is the epitome of it.
Happy no-baking, friends!
More Key Lime Recipes:
No Bake Key Lime Pie
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
Key Lime Filling:
- 1 8-oz package mascarpone
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt I used Chobani whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup key lime juice
- 1 ¼ cups and 2 tbsp powdered sugar divided
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
To make the crust:
- Lightly grease an 8 or 9-inch pie plate. Stir together graham crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie dish.
- Chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
To make the filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat mascarpone and yogurt until smooth and creamy. Add lime juice, zest, 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar; mix well. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into the key lime mixture until no streaks of white remain and whipped cream is fully incorporated.
- Pour key lime filling into the prepared pie crust. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate or freeze for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
To make the whipped cream:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread whipped cream over the chilled pie.
- (The whipped cream is the best if you add it just before serving. It doesn’t do as well if you add it and then chill overnight.)
- Garnish with lime wedges and zest if desired. Cut into slices to serve. Store loosely covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
follow along with me: