I’ve got a lot of goals for this summer. One is to make a series of tropical drink-themed cakes. I’m hoping to start those in July, so we’ll see how it goes. 😉
One of my other goals is to make as many s’mores things as I can. I just love it. S’mores are the perfect combination of toasty, melty, gooey, and crunchy. And chocolaty. But instead of chocolate, today we’re making s’mores with Nutella! We’re also swapping out the campfire for a pie crust.
Who doesn’t love a good no-bake pie in the summer? It’s that time of the year when everyone tries to avoid turning on their ovens AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. No-bake pies are the solution! They’re easy to whip up and freeze overnight. Then you’ve got an easy cold dessert for those sweltering hot summer days.
For the crust, you can go store-bought or homemade. I bought an extra large graham cracker crust (extra large is an opotion now, apparently) at the grocery store for convenience, but if you’d like to go homemade, just mix together 1 1/2 cups graham crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter. Then press it into a pie plate and bake it for about 10 minutes on 350. Super simple!
And there you have it. Really the hardest thing about this pie is waiting for it to firm up enough in the freezer for you to cut a slice. 🙂
No-Bake S'mores Nutella Pie
- store-bought graham cracker crust or make your own!
- 1 instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Nutella divided
- 1/2 cup marshmallow fluff
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- Whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until smooth and there are no lumps. Cover and let the pudding thicken in the fridge.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar and mix until incorporated.
- Next, add the vanilla pudding and mix well. Divide the mixture in half, into two bowls. In one bowl, mix in 1/2 cup Nutella. In the other bowl, add the marshmallow fluff and mix well. Fold 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip into each bowl.
- Fill the graham cracker crust half way with the Nutella mixture. Then top with the marshmallow mixture. (It may be helpful to let the Nutella layer freeze a little bit before trying to spread the marshmallow layer on top.)
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup Nutella in the microwave and drizzle on top of the pie. Use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella into the marshmallow layer.
- Freeze overnight for best results! Thaw 10-15 minutes before serving.