Today I’m excited to be participating in Ice Cream Week with some of my blogger friends! For my ice cream week contribution, I decided to get really indulgent with Brownie Batter Ice Cream. Like, seriously rich and creamy. And it’s no-churn because no-churn ice cream is my new favorite thing. I’m so glad I gave it a try a few weeks ago. I just can’t stop making it!
To create this ice cream, I started out by making a small batch of my favorite brownie recipe. I left out things like eggs and sugar, and replaced the butter with a little bit of coconut oil. Then whisk in the sweetened condensed milk and fold in the whipped cream. Pretty easy! If you’re really fancy, you can fold in some chopped brownies before pouring the mixture in a loaf pan and freezing it. I would highly suggest doing that. 😉
Brownie batter ice cream is definitely something you should share with friends and family. It’s creamy and super chocolaty, and obviously goes great on top of a fudgy brownie. I’m not sharing my favorite brownie recipe in this post today, but I hope to share it here soon!
This ice cream is kind of like my goodbye to summer, although it will be summer in Alabama through October probably. But most of the schools have started around here and it kinda feels like summer is over a little bit. Maybe we can prolong it a little longer if we just keep eating ice cream. 🙂
No-Churn Brownie Batter Ice Cream + Giveaway!
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Combine coconut oil, chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla, and flour in a bowl. Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- Mix whipping cream on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold whipped cream into brownie mixture. Pour ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and freeze for 6 hours, or overnight.
Ashley at Spoonful of Flavor // Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking // Madison at Wetherills Say I Do // Erin at The Speckled Palate // Julia at Tag & Tibby // LeAndra at Love & Flour // Molly at Hey There Sunshine // Nick at Macheesmo // Meredith at Meredith Noelle // Heather at Sugar Dish Me // Linda at Brunch with Joy // Katie at Twin Stripe // Erica at Crumby Cupcake // Beth at bethcakes // Meghan at Cake ‘n Knife // Dan at The Food in my Beard // Bethany at Bethany Grow // Cate at Chez CateyLou // Susannah at Feast + West
- A Cuisinart Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Sorbet, and Ice Cream Maker with double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl // $165 value
- A Chef’s Choice Waffle Cone Express Ice Cream Cone Maker // $70 value
- Set of four 6-ounce Tovolo Mini Sweet Treats Tubs // $13 value
- A Zeroll Original Ice Cream Scoop // $19.95 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 20 additional entries by following the ice cream week contributors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the info as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Monday, Sept. 7, 2015 at 10 a.m. EST. One winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $265. Prizes shown in the graphic are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of Aug. 17, 2015.