But as far as the weather is concerned? OVER IT. So over it.
Every summer I feel like it gets to a point when I ask myself, “Does it always get this hot?” And it totally does, I just forget. But that is where this No-Churn Cake Batter Ice Cream comes in. It’s perfect for shutting up whiny people like myself who are huge whimps when it comes to heat and sweating and wearing sunscreen. 😛
I also decided to make this ice cream because A) my funfetti-obsessed self has been wanting to make it for awhile now. And B) I’m celebrating my BLOGIVERSARY!!! This here little baking blog turns 3 years old this summer. I started this blog in June of 2013, after completely rebranding and starting over from the blog I had in college. I always always always forget to celebrate my blogiversary in June, so here we are. 🙂
I’ve been thinking about making some big changes to this blog for awhile, and I think I’m finally ready to expand BEYOND DESSERTS. As in savory foods! And healthy foods! But don’t worry! There will still be plenty of desserts on here. My brain still processes things in sugar and calories.
But to be completely honest with you, I’ve been on a bit of a diet for the last couple of months, and I have gotten absolutely zero results. Which is one of the reasons why I’ve been having a hard time consistently posting recipes over the last several weeks. After busting my booty at the gym most nights, I’m just tired and the last thing I want to see in my kitchen is a cake. Ya feel me?
I know the problem is that I don’t eat healthy enough, and it’s gotten to the point where I just really want to live a healthier lifestyle. I need to 100% commit to changing the way I eat, not half-assing it like I’ve been doing. So I figure it could really help me out to create recipes for the blog that I can also eat for lunch and dinner, instead of doing all of that and trying to cram some desserts, that I don’t even really want to eat, in on the weekends.
BASICALLY, I just wanted to let y’all know that desserts are not going away. There will just be fewer of them mixed in with some fun new stuff!
No-Churn Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dry funfetti cake mix
- 1 Tbsp butter flavoring found near the vanilla extract at the grocery store
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste optional, if you have it on hand
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sprinkles plus more for garnish
- Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, dry cake mix, butter flavoring, and vanilla bean paste. Set aside.
- Whip heaving whipping cream on medium high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into funfetti cake mixture, making sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to completely mix all ingredients. Fold in sprinkles.
- Pour ice cream into a 9x5 loaf pan. Top with more spinkles!
- Freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Let thaw about 5 minutes before serving.