I’ve got Oatmeal Mini Egg Cookies for you today, friends! I can tell it’s April in Alabama because we’ve had like hundred severe weather days so far and we’re only six days in. But I can also tell it’s April because there are Cadbury mini eggs literally everywhere!! I can’t help but smile when I scroll through my instagram feed and see all the different ways in which people have stuffed these little pastel eggs into their baked goods.
Last year I made these Browned Butter Mini Egg Cookie Bars, which I seriously considered doing again because I love a good, thick cookie. I opted for oatmeal cookies this year because I don’t think I have any kind of oatmeal cookie on this site! A travesty. That needed mending ASAP.
I adapted these from my favorite cookie base recipe and threw in some oats and a little mountain of chopped Cadbury mini eggs. Like whatever qualifies a an actual, geographical mountain as “small”…that’s how many mini eggs we’re using here. It’s okay, it’s 2022.
This recipe uses all the good stuff: butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour, baking powder, and cornstarch. The cornstarch helps give them that gooey and dense cookie center that we all love. This recipe is my favorite because you don’t have to chill the dough. You can go straight from mixing to scooping, to baking. And then you’ve got fresh gooey cookies 10 minutes later.
The main thing know to for these Oatmeal Mini Egg Cookies is that you’ll need two 9-oz bags of Cadbury mini eggs. I tried this recipe with one bag at first, and trust me, it is not enough. You can chop the eggs, or you can put them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or wooden spoon. After that, half of the eggs go into the cookie dough, and the other half are reserved for pressing into the tops of the cookies before baking. This ensures your cookies come out with with plenty of melty chocolate eggs on the tops too.
Hope you all have a great rest of your week, friends! Happy baking!
Oatmeal Mini Egg Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 9-oz bags chocolate mini egg candies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two to three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and granulated sugar on medium speed with a mixer until combined and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; mix until just combined.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Mix on low speed until just combined, and then medium speed until completely combined.
- Add half of the chopped mini eggs to the dough; mix until distributed evenly throughout.
- Scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheet (I used a 2 tbsp cookie scoop), arranging about 2-inches apart. Press additional chopped mini eggs into the top of each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes, or until crisp around the edges and set in the middle. Let cookies cool on pans for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
follow along with me:
facebook · instagram · twitter · pinterest
So yummy & pretty 🥰