As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, cookies are not typically my forte. They just don’t ever turn out like I want them, but these? I think it’s safe to say they’re the better of the cookies that I’ve made.
I’ve been dying to bake with Nestle’s new filled chocolate chips, so I finally bought a couple bags of the peanut butter filled baking morsels and decided this was the perfect opportunity to use them! You know, after I ate like half a bag. There’s also peanut butter in the actual cookie dough, as well as drizzled on top. The first time I made these cookies, I wasn’t thinking and mailed them before I took photos, so I made them again and decided to throw in the drizzle and some extra peanut butter morsels. I just couldn’t stop with the pb!
They great thing about all the various cookies I got is they were all completely different. I received Thumbprint Jam Cookies from Turnips 2 Tangerines, Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies from Peanut Butter & Peppers, Polish Gingerbread Cookies from What’s on the Plate, Mexican Hot Chocolate Sugar Cookies from Chicago Foodie Girl, adorable Candy Cane Mollomars from Wilde in the Kitchen, and Red Velvet Candy Cane Kiss Cookies from DelightfulEMade.
These were all so wonderful, and mix up or not, I’m so glad I received each one of them! They were delicious and I had to share them with anyone I could so I wouldn’t eat them all. Thank you to each one of you!
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Nestle peanut butter filled chocolate chips
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or a large bowl with a hand-held electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mixed until combined and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Repeat with the second half of the flour. Add the peanut butter filled chocolate chips.
- Cover and place the cookie dough in the refrigerator for about half an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop the cookie dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes and repeat this process with the rest of the cookie dough.
- If you'd like, you can also add peanut butter morsels and drizzle the cookies with melted peanut butter morsels after they've cooled.