Happy Wednesday, friends! I’ve been tweaking this recipe for Small Batch Brownies since earlier in the summer and I feel like I’ve finally got it right!
These brownies are so easy to stir together. They’d super fudgy because that’s how we like our brownies in the bethcakes household. They’ve also go plenty of chocolate chips (or chunks, your choice!) because you can never go wrong with those. And it all bakes in a loaf pan, giving you eight brownies depending on how you cut them. (Bigger pieces = less servings, but 100% totally acceptable.)
ABOUT THESE BROWNIES
To make these brownies, you’ll need a loaf pan. I used a 9’x5′ loaf pan, but you can use whatever you have, just know that the bake time may differ slightly.
The ingredients are all your usual brownie ingredients, no surprises there. We start by melting some butter and chocolate chips in the microwave. Then we add the sugar, and I like to give it a really good mix with an electric handheld mixer while the chocolate and butter are still warm to make sure I get that iconic Crackly Top. Then the rest of the ingredients are folded in just until combined.
Pour batter into your loaf pan, sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, and bake!
I’ve been loving that the small batch trends have continued throughout the pandemic, even if the need for smaller batches during this time isn’t the best situation. There are three people in my household so small batch really works for us. And I’ve had so many people reach out and tell me to keep the smaller batch recipes coming! I had plans earlier in the year to create a little small-batch baking ecookbook that y’all could download, but since picking up a second job I’ve had to put that on hold for a little bit! Which is why I decided to go ahead and share these brownies here on the blog. Because they’re too good not to share and you all deserve them!
Happy baking, friends!
- 6 tbsp butter sliced
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray. Line pan with parchment paper and leave a few inches of overhang on each side for easy removal after baking.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each, until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer well until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, egg, vanilla, and water. Fold ingredients together until just combined; do not over mix—a few lumps are okay.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm around the edges and slightly crackled on top. A toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies should come out mostly clean. A few crumbs or chocolate smudges are okay.
- Let brownies cool in pan and cut into pieces to serve.
follow along with me: