1. Brows – Boy Brow, Glossier – I used to attempt to shape/fill my eyebrows occasionally, but I’m pretty positive that I sucked at it so I didn’t do it very often. I’d rather have untouched eyebrows than poorly drawn ones. Plus I feel like… who has time for that? That’s why Glossier’s Boy Brow originally caught my attention. It’s like mascara for your brows! It’s a tinted shaping gel, and it goes on super smooth. (I *do* scrape some of it off the tip before using it, though.) No obvious brow pencil strokes underneath your brow, no drawing on your skin. It lightly coats your brows, which helps them look fuller without being drawn on. It goes on quick and it stays all day!
2. Lipstick – Generation G (Crush), Glossier – I’ve always been a chapstick person rather than a lipstick person, but when I went to order the Boy Brow online, I got to poking around Glossier’s site. My wallet was telling me not to buy anything else, but my eyes were saying, look, free shipping with a $30+ purchase. So I added this lipstick to my cart, and I really love it! The color is pretty vibrant, but it’s also matte and long-lasting. I think I might have to get some of the other colors next!
3. Moisturizer – Confidence in a Cream, IT Cosmetics – I am obsessed with this stuff. I have pretty dry skin for someone who also struggles with oily skin. It makes no sense, but I’m pretty sure it’s just from me overcompensating when I get breakouts. Either way, my skin sucks up moisturizer like the earth might run dry tomorrow, and I always have to apply it multiple times after washing my face. But not with this super cream! It completely lives up to it’s name. I only have to put it on once. I will probably never go back to my previous moisturizer after this.
4. Eyeshadow – Rimmel Magnifyeyes Eye Palette – I picked up this palette at Target recently and I’m really loving the colors. It has 12 shades and it was on sale for $7.99! They’re a little on the warmer/nudes/blush side and they are sparkly! I’m such a sucker for shimmery eyeshadows. I also got IT Cosmetics’ Super Hero eyeshadow palette back in the fall, and I’m still really into it. It comes with some priming shadows, and obviously, more sparkly colors to go on top. Unfortunately it’s no longer available, so I’m trying to make it last as long as I can.
5. Foundation – Confidence in a Compact, IT Cosmetics – (also available at Ulta!) I never really wore foundation until I received some of this from IT Cosmetics and holy cow. Even though I would occasionally buy foundation from Clinique or just pick some up at Target, I never really wore it unless my face was super broken out and felt like I wanted extra coverage. But I love this stuff, even when my skin is clear. It goes on with a brush, so it blends really well. Plus it has SPF 50! Top it off with some translucent powder and I’m good to go!
6. Concealer – Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Concealer – I’ve used CoverGirl concealer for pretty much my entire life. Recently I read an article ranking the best drugstore brand concealers and this stuff from Maybelline New York claimed the number one spot. I figured I’d try it out, and I actually like it a lot. I think the best part is the applicator that comes on it. It just helps really cover all the spots I need to be covered, you know what I’m sayin’?
7. Eyeliner – Stila Liquid Eye Liner Pen – FAVORITE. EYELINER. EVER. When it comes to makeup, I feel like I’m not *super* into most of it. Eyeliner, thooooo. Honestly, I don’t wear eyeliner most days. If I’m going to go to the gym after work, what’s the point of putting a lot of time and effort into makeup that’s just going to sweat off later? And it definitely takes me time and effort to make eyeliner look decent, haha. I draw this stuff on extremely slow. I’m less prone to messing it up that way. This eyeliner has a super fine tip, so it’s easy to get that perfect wing or cat eye. (I did buy this angled eyeliner brush recently, but I have yet to find a gel eyeliner that I like to go with it. I think the angled brush does actually make it easier to apply. It’s just easier to see what you’re doing and where you’re going with it.)
8. Mascara – Full ‘N Soft Mascara, Maybelline New York – I have been using this mascara foreveeerrrrrr. I’ve tried so many over the years too, and I keep going back to this one. It’s just simply and easy, nothing fancy, but gets the job done. I’m also currently into Clinique’s Chubby Lash mascara, which my mom gave me out of her Clinique special bag. She always gives me the mascaras and eyeshadows, like ever since I was in middle school!
9. Shampoo – Tea Tree Special Shampoo, Paul Mitchell – Okay, embarrassing story time. I had a bad bought of dandruff last fall and desperately searched for the best dandruff shampoos on the internet. I had never heard of tea tree oil, but here I am telling you that it’s basically made of magic. It grows on magic trees in a magical, floating rainforest and is harvested by magical celestial beings, who then bottle it at a factory and sell it at Ulta for ridiculous amounts of money. BUT IT WORKS. Tea tree oil itself is good for your skin and fights acne. In shampoo form, not only did it get rid of my dandruff, but it also left my hair feeling the softest and silkiest it ever has. There’s a Tea Tree Special conditioner as well (plus tons of other tea tree oil products, also available at Ulta), but I like to pair this shampoo with a moisturizing conditioner like Tresemme’s Luxurious Moisture. It has done me WONDERS.
10. Dry Shampoo – Not Your Mothers Dry Shampoo – This has been my favorite brand of dry shampoo since dry shampoo became a big thing. I recently tried their Tapioca Dry Shampoo, which is “warm sugar” scented and smells seriously amazing, but found that I didn’t really care for it. So I’ve switched back to the regular version. Warmer weather in Alabama = more sweating = greasy hair. This stuff is such a lifesaver!