I’m super excited to be participating in a fun blogger BBQ party because A) so many extremely talented bloggers are participating, and B) cookout food is the BEST part of summer. The food is the best part of any season, tbh, but it is especially fantastic in the summer.
Now you can have your frosty beer and your freezing cold ice cream at the same time!
about these floats!
1. Three ingredients! But 4 if you count making the homemade strawberry sauce.
2. I used vanilla bean ice cream and Redd’s Strawberry Ale, but feel free to try whichever ice cream and beer you want. I feel like it would be hard to mess this up, but if you have enough beer floats, you might not even notice if you did.
3. The strawberry sauce is simply pureed strawberries and some sugar, which is cooked on the stove top for a little bit until it’s reduced. Please, *please* tell me you will try this before buying that red stuff in a squeeze bottle at the grocery store, ok?
4. You can easily double the strawberry sauce recipe if you’re feeding a large crowd.
Strawberry Beer Floats for the Great Blogger BBQ!
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Strawberry syrup
- 1/2 gallon vanilla bean ice cream
- 6- pack of strawberry beers or more if you're feeding a crowd
- Add strawberries and water to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a saucepan over medium heat and add sugar. Bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to a simmer and let mixture cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Mixture should coat the back of a spoon and fall in ribbons
- Let strawberry sauce cool completely before using!!
- Drizzle a little bit of strawberry sauce into a glass. Add two scoops of ice cream and some more strawberry sauce. Pour beer over ice cream. Let the puffy foam settle and drizzle with more sauce. Repeat for each float!
- (The number of floats this recipe will make depends on the size of the glasses you're using.)
Korean BBQ Tofu Sliders with Kimchi Slaw by Hello Little Home
Corn, Black Bean, and Feta Dip by Lizzy is Dizzy
Crab, Bacon & Guacamole Crostinis by That Square Plate
Cocktails and Drinks
Blackberry Gin Slush by The Speckled Palate
Homemade Lemonade by Winstead Wandering
Blood Orange Mocktail by Body Rebooted
Fleur Collins Cocktail by Hungry Girl por Vida
Fourth of July Sparkler by Mixplorology
Black Stripe Cold Rum Cocktail by Honey and Birch
Fresh Watermelon Mojito by Twin Stripe
Mint Hibiscus Lemonade by The Little Epicurean
Wine Slushy by Living Well Kitchen
Basil Gin Lemonade by Glisten and Grace
Salt Plate Shrimp by The Mexitalian
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
Roasted Vegetable Grilled Pizza with Garlic Herb Oil by Ciao Chow Bambina
Memphis Style Pulled Pork by Two Places at Once
Balsamic & Honey Chicken Skewers with Strawberry-Kiwi Salsa by No Spoon Necessary
Amazing Basic Spice Rub for Grilling by An Oregon Cottage
Mediterranean Chicken Kebabs by PasadenaDaisy
Smoked Porchetta Pork Loin by Tasty Ever After
Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork by Appeasing a Food Geek
Peach Barbecue Sauce by The Beach House Kitchen
Tuna Stuffed Sweet Peppers by SugarLoveSpices
Herb Marinated Steak Gyros Plates with Tomato-Onion Salad and Green Tahini Sauce by Feed Me Phoebe
Marinated Skirt Steak with Sweet Corn and Cherry Salad by Domesticate ME!
Sweet & Sour Chicken Kebabs by Tastefully Frugal
Caprese Pasta Salad by Club Narwhal
Cranberry Almond Broccoli Salad by Two Sisters Kitchens
Coconut Milk Mac & Cheese by A Little Gathering
Cherry Quinoa Salad by Food Lovin Family
Cheddar, Corn and Bacon Potato Salad by Family Food on the Table
Lemon Rocket Pasta Salad by Lauren Caris Cooks
Green Goddess Potato Salad by Love & Flour
Red White & Blue Watergate Salad by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
Zesty Potato Skewers by Pamela Salzman
Quinoa Tabouli by A Fork’s Tale
Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cake by Feast + West
Strawberry Beer Floats by bethcakes
Cherry Cheesecake Dessert by The Little Blonde Baker
Light Berry Angel Food Cake by The Creative Bite
Lemon Cream Tarts with Berries by Girl Heart Food
Fresh Strawberry Muffins by Spiced
Lemon Pie Sundae by Flavours & Frosting
Strawberry Lemon Shortcakes by Dash of Herbs
Grasshopper Pie by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
Berry Mango Smoothie Pops by HÄLSA Nutrition
Mixed Berry Vanilla Bean Cake by Cake ‘n Knife
No Churn Cookies and Cream Strawberry Ice Cream by The Secret Ingredient Is
Coconut Blueberry & Vodka Ice Pops by Nik Snacks
Strawberry Key Lime Margarita Greek Yogurt Ice Pops by Beer Girl Cooks
Cherry & Rhubarb Tart by Crepes of Wrath
This looks so refreshing. I had no idea that beer came in this flavor.
Amy | Club Narwhal says
Beth, this is such a clever idea! I’m not a beer-drinker, but I definitely want to add strawberries to my next float 😉
haha I am pretty much always trying not to complain about the heat during the summer! These floats look like a perfect way to cool off! So pretty too!
Kelsey @ Appeasing a Food Geek says
I love the idea of using strawberry sauce in this! These look perfect for any summer get together! Happy #greatbloggerBBQ!
Usually not a beer drinker but this just might be the one time I break a rule 😉