Happy Tuesday! I’m thinking the beginning of your week could use some good ole fudgy brownies. Swirled with cheesecake and strawberry jam! Yes. This is the way to do it.
I got one of these brownie pans recently (not this one specifically, but this one looks like a good option if you’re in the market), and wanted to try it out. The dividers are cool because brownies, while you can never go wrong with a good brownie, are unnecessarily hard to cut! They always get stuck to the knife, and I personally am terrible at cutting them evenly so they’re all the same size.
The dividers in this pan are super helpful, but the pan itself is sort of an uncommon size. I feel like brownies are typically made in square pans or 9×13-inch pans, so if you don’t have this specific pan, you can totally make these in a square one. Just keep in mind that they might be thicker, you might not need all of the batters, and the bake time will vary slightly.
These brownies start off with a rich brownie batter, and then they’re dolloped with an easy cheesecake batter. Once that’s swirled in, some strawberry jam is swirled into the cheesecake. So yum! This would be delicious with just about any kind of jam too, so you can use whatever you have on hand or prefer!
About this recipe:
Brownie batter: the great thing about this brownie batter is that it’s one-bowl and stir together, so you don’t even need a mixer. Melt some butter and your fave chocolate chips together, and everything else is added to that.
Cheesecake batter: Also super easy! It’s only four ingredients: cream cheese, powdered sugar, an egg, and some vanilla.
Strawberry jam: You can use your favorite jam or whatever you have on hand! I used Bonne Maman strawberry preserves. You’ll need about 1/4 cup and seriously any jam will do.
Brownie pan: As mentioned, if you don’t have a 12×8-inch rectangle pan, I’d use a square 8 or 9-inch pan. The brownies will probably be thicker and you may not need all of the batters. Thicker brownies means the bake time will vary, and you’ll want to cover your pan with foil about halfway through baking to prevent the cheesecake from browning too much.
Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam I used Bonne Maman
For the brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 12x8-inch rectangle pan (or an 8 or 9-inch square pan) with baking spray with flour.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each, until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and whisk until incorporated. Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Whisk until combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
For the cheesecake
- In a medium or large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed with a mixer until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix until smooth and incorporated. Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Dollop cheesecake over brownie batter in pan. Use a knife to swirl the cheesecake through the brownie batter. Dollop strawberry jam over the cheesecake swirls, and use a knife or toothpick to swirl the jam into the cheesecake.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, covering with foil about halfway through baking, until brownie and cheesecake are set. Cool in pan before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply