So naturally, granola makes the perfect crust for this tart. It is literally homemade granola, except the oats and pecans take a spin in a food processor before being mixed with the other ingredients and pressed into a tart pan. The crust bakes for about 25 minutes, and comes out in one solid and toasty piece. The filling is extremely simple. Mix together some cream cheese, Chobani plain Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, chopped strawberries, and you’re good to go!
For this campaign, I wanted to make a healthier dessert that featured yogurt. It does have some powdered sugar in it, but it’s made up of breakfast foods, so technically you could eat it for breakfast. I would be lying if I said I didn’t scoop some out of the pan and straight into my mouth this morning while making my actual breakfast. It happens.
I really, really love this yogurt cheesecake filling and this granola crust together. The strawberries add little bursts of flavor and some more texture. And pretty decorations.
Also just warning you, when you cut a slice of this tart, it doesn’t come out as one perfectly cut piece. It sort of turns into a blob on your plate, but the most delicious things are always messy, right? 😉
Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt Tart with a Granola Crust
- 2 cups old fashioned flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
strawberry cheesecake yogurt filling
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt such as Chobani
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- sliced strawberries for garnish
- Spray a tart pan with nonstick spray and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Add old fashioned oats and pecans to a food processor and process until mostly crumbs. The oats can be a little bit bigger than crumbs. Add oat and pecans crumbs to a bowl and stir in vanilla extract, melted coconut oil, brown sugar, and the lightly beaten egg white. Press mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Let the crust cool completely before adding the cheesecake filling.
strawberry cheesecake yogurt filling
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric hand-held mixer until smooth and creamy. Add yogurt and mix well. Next, add the powdered sugar and mix until incorporated. Fold in chopped strawberries and spread the filing into the cooled crust. Chill the tart in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours, or overnight. Garnish with strawberry slices before serving.
This not only sound delicious but looks it too! Your photos are spectacular!
Thank you! 🙂
Oh my word! This is gorgeous!!!
Thank you so much, Amanda! 🙂
Graham @ Glazed & Confused says
You’re killing me here! This cheesecake….. so good.
All of those strawberries are making me feel some type of way.
Hooray! we’re #madewithchobanitwins
I was feeling some type of way about this cheesecake too, like especially the crust. And I know! I was excited to see you #madewithchobani post! 🙂
Oooooo I love the sound of that granola crust! This looks fantastic Beth!
Thanks, Ashley! The granola crust was good enough to eat on it’s own. 🙂
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says
Love the lightened up greek yogurt version! Pretty pictures, too 🙂
Thanks, Medha! 🙂
Oh just amazing!! That crust 🙂
The crust was pretty good. I may have eaten some of it like it was a cookie. 🙂
Liz @ Floating Kitchen says
Oh love the addition of a granola crust. That’s genius. That + yogurt + fruit totally makes this breakfast food! Ha ha! Also, yes messy foods are the tastiest! XO
Thanks, Liz! This is absolutely acceptable for breakfast. 🙂 Messy foods, ftw!
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
I love the idea of a granola crust! Can’t wait to try it!
Thanks, Megan! The granola might be my favorite part. 🙂
This is gorgeous, Beth! I love how you arranged all those pretty strawberries and that granola crust sounds incredible!
Thanks so much, Kelly! The strawberries don’t stay like that once you cut into it, haha. 🙂
Meriem @ Culinary Couture says
This is so awesome! Id love to have this for breakfast!
Thanks, Meriem! It’s totally acceptable for breakfast!
Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction says
Love that you paired a granola crust with a yogurt cheesecake! It looks amazing!
Thanks so much, Jessica! 🙂
Hannah @ Eating with Alice says
This looks so delicious! I can’t believe it’s healthy and made using yoghurt! Genius!
Have just discovered your site – what a great resource for recipe ideas!
Thanks for stopping by, Hannah! 🙂
Amy | Club Narwhal says
Beth, when I saw this on Instagram I swear I drooled a little 🙂 This looks so good and I love the healthier spin you put on it!
Elizabeth @ SugarHero.com says
This is DEFINITELY breakfast food! I mean, granola, yogurt, fruit…seems legit to me!
Mary Frances says
I totally see breakfast when I see this. And it’s gorgeous!
Looks delicious Beth!
Shikha @ Shikha la mode says
I would definitely not be able to eat just one slice of this. No way!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
Gorgeous cake! Strawberries are my favorite thing ever so I can’t get enough of strawberry desserts. I love that you used greek yogurt and that crust sounds perfect!