If you follow me on Instagram, you may know that I went strawberry picking over the weekend! I’ve been wanting to do more of this kind of thing, and it was so fun to meet up with friends and family and drive a little ways to Sugar Hill U-Pick Farms here in Alabama. I came home with a bucket of freshly picked strawbs and a container of peaches. I have about a million things I want to make with them, but first thing on my list is this Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Blondie!
My mom thought this would be a weird flavor combo when I told her about it, but boyyyy did I prove her wrong. 😉 Like, I know what I’m talking about. This skillet blondie is amazing. If you love chocolate covered strawberries (umm who doesn’t), it’s like a bunch of those stuffed in a warm, gooey cookie. Ah. May. Zing.
What’s the difference between a skillet blondie and a skillet cookie?
Essentially, not much. They’re very similar! Blondie batter is softer and not as stiff as cookie dough. For this dessert, I wanted something super gooey and brown sugar heavy, so blondie was the way to go.
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A CAST IRON SKILLET?
Good news! You can really make this in anything. You could use an 8 or 9-inch round cake pan, a springform pan, or an 8-inch square baking dish. Probably even a pie plate, idk.
What You Need To Make This Skillet Blondie
Aside from some fresh strawbs and chopped chocolate, this blondie is composed of your average baking ingredients. Butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and some salt.
We’re using melted butter here because we’re doing things EASY. It really helps everything come together quickly. We’re also using chopped chocolate (or chocolate chunks) in this recipe because I wanted some big ole pockets of melty chocolate goodness. You can use chocolate chips if you like or already have some on hand! I chopped up a semi-sweet chocolate baking bar.
This Strawberry Chocolate Chunk Skillet Blondie is best served warm with a scoop of ice cream! Store covered at room temp (if you have any left).
Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Skillet Blondie
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Halved strawberries for the top
- Extra chopped chocolate for the top
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8 or 9-inch cast iron skillet with baking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine melted butter, both sugars, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until incorporated. Add eggs and mix well.
- Then add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Add strawberries and chocolate; mix until evenly distributed throughout.
- Spread batter in the prepared cast iron pan. Arrange halved strawberries on top and sprinkle with extra chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and center is set. Remove from oven and let the blondies cool.
- Slice into pieces and serve warm with ice cream!
follow along with me: