This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SunsOutSpoonsOut #CollectiveBias
But it never fails. Every summer I’m excited for cooler weather, and then in the winter, I can’t WAIT until it gets warmer. So today we’re cooling off with milkshakes. Strawberry Shortcake Milkshakes!
The main element of this milkshake is the Double Strawberry Blue Bunny ice cream. You read that right. Not just regular strawberry ice cream─DOUBLE the strawberry. Combine the ice cream with actual pieces of shortcake and a little milk, and you’ve got yourself a frosty summer treat!
Strawberry is such a staple when it comes to summer flavors, and this ice cream makes one smooth milkshake. Perfection on a hot day! Also it’s considered a light ice cream, so you don’t have to feel bad about indulging in a cold and creamy treat.
- 1.75 quart carton of Double Strawberry Blue Bunny ice cream
- One package of premade shortcakes, or poundcake
- About ¾ cup milk (of your choice)
- corn syrup
- graham cracker crumbs
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- fresh strawberries
- If desired, dip the rims of two cups in corn syrup and then in graham crumbs.
- For two milkshakes, add six large scoops of ice cream to a blender. Add two shortcakes and about ¾ cup milk. Blend until smooth and cake pieces are incorporated.
- Pour the milkshakes into the glasses and top with whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
I got this Double Strawberry Blue Bunny ice cream at Walmart, and you can also head over to the Blue Bunny website to see all of their flavors! The Banana Split and Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate ice creams are totally calling to me. But you can look on the website and double check that they have the flavor you want in a store near you. There will also be a demo at Walmart on June 20th (that’s this Saturday, people!) where you can experience all the ice cream glory in person! Don’t forget to check out their flavors in the ice cream aisle while you’re there!