2. Did you watch the VMAs on Sunday? I try not to live tweet too many things, but I really love live tweeting awards shows. Especially that one–so much drama! I feel like Miley Cyrus should probably not host anything ever again though. Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift on stage together was a nice little surprise. I don’t think I will ever understand Kanye West. And I totally adore Tori Kelly. She’s probably one of 3 people who didn’t lip sync and still sounded incredible. I wish I could get my hair to look like hers!
3. I am so excited for FOOTBALL and TAILGATING FOOD !!! Might be posting some savory recipes this year. Just warning you. 😉
4. Recently I got a Fitbit because I’m trying to get in shape (too much cake can be a bad thing, people 😉 ), and I was really excited about it because, although I work at a desk all day, I was pretty sure I move around a decent amount doing office-y things. Also, my office building is on a cul-de-sac, and my co-workers and I get up and walk up and down our street a couple times a day. I did really well the first weekend I had my Fitbit, but guess about how many steps I have by the time I leave work at 5pm? 3,000. Maxing out at three thousand, guys.
5. My friend and I write for a website called literallydarling.com, and we were able to get media passes to Dragon Con in Atlanta this weekend. I’ve mentioned a couples time before that I’m actually a giant nerd, so I’m like really excited but have no idea what to expect.
6. We had an awesome photography workshop a couple of weekends ago for Birmingham Bloggers, and I experimented a little with shooting in RAW. I was super pumped about the photos I took, sat down to edit them in Photoshop, aaaaand Photoshop will not open them. Cool.
I’ve got one more recipe for this week coming at you on Friday, but after that I hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Those macarons look AMAZING. Need that PB&J one. Yum! Also – I loooooove my FitBit! I had one in London and was always getting my 10k easy, and back in America with my car, it’s not so easy! But definitely motivating 🙂 have fun at Dragon Con!