Y’all know how I feel about all these flavors.
I used sprinkles (my favorite from Sweetapolita), tiny silver stars, and obviously I had to use the rainbows from a box of Lucky Charms. I decided the hearts, crescent moons, and shooting stars were cute as well and could probably be consider unicorn-appropriate. Also edible gold foil is my new favorite thing, so I slapped some of that on there too.
The rest of the decor includes cotton candy, rock candy, whipped cream, and more sprinkles. I attempted to drizzle blue ganache all over the top, but the lid came off of the the squeeze bottle I was using while assembling this thing in my freezer. It made such a huge mess (IN the freezer) that I’m still not ready to talk about it.
Unicorn Bark Milkshake
- 1 pkg pink candy melts
- 1 pkg blue candy melts
- 1 pkg purple candy melts
- Sprinkles and decor of your choice
for the milkshake
- 1/2 cup prepared frosting
- 1 cup sprinkles
- 1.5 quart vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 container fresh strawberries cored
- 1 container fresh raspberries
- your choice of milk
- whipped cream homemade or store bought
for the unicorn bark
- Line a baking sheet with plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Melt pink candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl according to package directions. Do the same with blue and purple. Pour blue and purple candy melts into squeeze bottles or ziploc/piping bags with a small tip cut off.
- Pour melted pink candy onto the baking sheet and spread into a rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Drizzle with blue and purple candy. Tap baking sheet against the counter or table to help the candy flatten out.
- Immediately top with sprinkles and decorations. (If you're going to use gold foil, make sure to leave some empty spaces where you'd like to put it. Then once the bark is dry and set, press on the foil.)
- Place baking sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes to and hour for bark to set. Once bark is hard, use a knife to cut it into pieces, or use your hands to break it up.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
for one milkshake
- Spread frosting around the outside of the top of the cup you'll be using. Cover in sprinkles. PLace cup in the freezer. (This will keep your shake cold longer!)
- Place about 4-5 large scoops of ice cream in a blender. Add about 1/2 cup diced strawberries and 1/4 cup raspberries. Add 1/2 cup milk. Blend until smooth. Add more ice cream or milk depending on your preferred consistency.
- Pour shake into the glass. Top with whipped cream, stick on some pieces of unicorn bark, cotton candy, rock candy, and sprinkles!