I know I’ve mentioned a thousand times on here that I suck at making cookies. I don’t know what it is, but they never ever turn out the way I want them to. You know, with just the right amount of crinkle on the top and soft in the center. Mine always turn out too crunchy and blah.
But a couple of weeks ago I was DETERMINED to make some good ones. I’ve always wanted to make some colorful funfetti cookies since sprinkles are kinda my thing, so I went that route first. I tested this recipe a total of three times before I felt like it was just right and good enough to share with you guys!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp butter flavoring optional
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup assorted sprinkles
- Cream butter on medium speed until smooth. Add both sugars and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and butter flavoring. (Going for a buttery, cake-like flavor here.) Mix until blended.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until completely combined and dough forms.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop dough with a cookie scoop (I used a 2-tablespoon scoop!) and roll in sprinkles. Place balls of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. (You can use two baking sheets, or bake in batches if necessary!)
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until golden around the edges and still soft in the middle. Let cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.