But I’m *officially* back now and sharing this Snickerdoodle Skillet Cookie recipe with you today!
So, if you need something to make for your family or take to a holiday party, you won’t have to worry about messing this recipe up and then adding to the chaos that *is* the holiday season. If you decide to take this giant cookie somewhere, but don’t want to lug a heavy cast iron skillet out of your house, it can also be made in a square baking dish or round cake pan. Just watch it closely while it’s baking, because the bake time will vary depending on what you use.
SNICKERDOODLE SKILLET COOKIE
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 tbsp, sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
white chocolate drizzle
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil or vegteable oil
for the skillet cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°F; rub an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet with oil.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1 1/4 cups sugar, and mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Beat until blended.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread dough in the prepared skillet. Stir together 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over cookie dough. (You don't have to use all of it if it seems like a lot. I just really love cinnamon. 😛 )
- Bake 28 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and center is set.
- Let cookie cool slightly. (It's best served a little warm!)
white chocolate drizzle
- Combine white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals on 50% power, stirring well between each, until melted and smooth.
- Let cool slightly, then drizzle over skillet cookie. Add sprinkles, if desired!
Recipe from bethcakes. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without permission. If you would like to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Wow! This looks amazing!!!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
This snickerdoodle skillet cookie looks absolutely scrumptious, Beth! Loving that gooey center and the white chocolate….soo good!
You need to make this for me! 😮
Laura @ Laura's Culinary Adventures says
Way to start blogging with a bang! Yum!